The latest Bollywood buzz after Hrithik-Kangana #ColdWar is around the upcoming 2016 movie Phobia.
It is a psychological thriller featuring Radhika Apte in the prime role. The film has been directed by Pawan Kirpalani and the plot evolves with a girl who is a serious patient of Agoraphobia, and she fears to get out as she imagines that even if she leaves the house for once, she will have to face the same heinous, brutal incident which had happened with her, one night. She locks herself up in her house, always anxious and panicked that someone might trespass and gradually she starts feeling unsafe in the house itself. What was the incident? What was her fear? The film will answer these questions on the 27th of May this year.
We have spoken about Agoraphobia, its symptoms and curing remedies in one of our previous articles. It is a generic fear where a person avoids crowded places, roads, traffic etc. he or she is in perpetual anxiety for safety reasons.
The film will be more informative and probably will increase our awareness on the particular mental blockage.
Eros International is presenting the movie and hence recently they are coming up with some interesting information on real life celebrities who are phobic too, as a part of their promotion.
You must be wondering, ‘what! Celebs and phobia! Impossible’.
Generally, we view our Bollywood celebrities as ideal, perfect and undaunted. They can have no flaws; they just have the perfect behaviour; the perfect look and the perfect talk that anyone could desire. However, film stars are normal human beings like us; they have their own fears and panics; they have their own sorrows and difficulties and all the glamour and limelight in the world cannot overpower their personal emotions and sentiments. They are beings of flesh and blood and they feel the same as we do. Yes, they are afraid. Let’s find out with eWellness Expert, something more about these celebrity phobias.
- The bold and brave Vidya Balan who has astounded all of us with her bold and impactful performances in #TheDirtyPicture and #Kahaani is actually afraid of cats. Its funny but true. The apparently fearless actress (who seems unmoved by the biggest hurdles and controversies) actually screams away when a cat is nearby. This is called Ailurophobia or Gatophobia, where ‘gato’ means cat in Spanish.
- Katrina Kaif is having a panic with tomatoes. Imagine! The harmless, almost seedless, round luscious juicy tomatoes can scare somebody, surprising. Lycopersicoaphobia has been identified by Psychologist Peter Hayward, who has had 25 years of experience in treating phobias. It is rare, but some cases have been discovered recently. Lauren Dodd, a 21-year-old student at Newcastle University, is so terrified of the red stuff she feels sick whenever she sees it - and when a friend accidentally squirted her with some ketchup, she almost fainted.
So now you can understand what pain the Indo-British actress had to go through while performing the Tomatina festival scene in #ZindagiNaMilegiDobara.
- Johnny Depp, our captain Jack Sparrow is afraid of clowns, the funny creatures which entertain kids in beautiful birthday parties. However, he overcomes his phobia to play his best as #TheMadHatter in the upcoming popular fairy story drama, Alice Through The Looking Glass
- Glamourous #Fashionista of Bollywood, Sonam Kapoor is afraid of elevators. It can be associated with Agoraphobia or claustrophobia. Any past incident of getting stuck in a lift can be the cause of this fear where one dissuades from getting into the lift.
- Jennifer Aniston is phobic towards flying in an aeroplane which is called aerophobia.
It is funny that celebs who mostly have to take flights day and night, are phobic towards it.
- Shah Rukh Khan is afraid of horses. So now that we know it, the next time we see him in a horse riding scene, we will barely call him a #Baazigar.
We also have Nicole Kidman and Celina Jaitley who are scared of butterflies which is Lepidopterophobia, Arjun Kapoor is phobic of a ceiling fan which is very essential in this tormenting heat, and #JuniorBachchan is scared of fruits.
Hence, if you are abnormally scared of something, don’t worry, you are sailing in the same boat as your beloved Bollywood stars :) In fact, take the examples where they fight their fear and give brilliant performances on screen to motivate yourself in driving off your phobia.
We are all looking forward to the movie Phobia because its trailors are already spine chilling and scary; we want to know more about fear because fear gives us adventure and thrill.
Remember, fear is healthy, but panic is nasty.