Are you planning to commit suicide?
Please go through the following instruction manual before proceeding.
Are you tired of your life, bored with your work, depressed that your ex-lover has ditched you, and want to commit suicide? Wait a minute, what’s the rush! Let’s know about some people and their stories.
John Michael Ozzy Osbourne is an English singer and musician, also a lyricist, and also a television personality. He came into prominence with his vocalist band, Black Sabbath. Osbourne himself acknowledges, that he has been into severe depression, and has tried to kill himself several times, when he was 14 years old. But he recovered from his mental state with a positive spirit, and developed his popularity over the years. The total sale of his albums with Black Sabbath, along with his solo works number to about 100 million, and that is too huge a count for any singer.
But perhaps his love for suicide has led to the composition of the song, “Suicide Solution”, but nevertheless, Osbourne is a focused person today, and cannot remember why he had this absurd tendency in his teenage years.
“I was sitting in my car, and I knew the gas was coming when I had an image of my mother finding me," Oscar winner actress, Halle Berry, tells the magazine. She refers to her gruesome experience in marriage, which led to her attempt to suicide, in her interview to Parade Magazine. However, her will power, her love for her family, helped her redeem self-love and love for life.
So now you know, that celebrities, whose lives appear sparkling as the starry night, perhaps is not so glorious. They have common tendencies like we do. They suffer from same victimizing mental illness that affects us commons.
Why people commit suicide?
Suicidal tendency is a habit.
- It can come from depression.
- Attempt to suicide comes in you, when you cannot find a solution to a problem, and ending yourself seems the only option.
- Sometimes, people use attempt to suicide, as a weapon to blackmail someone.
How to deal with this?
- Develop love for yourself and for others. Suicidal tendencies can attack you in a moment, but if you are strongly bonded to your family and loved ones, and have a high self-esteem, you will never commit it.
- Keep objects that are harmful like scissors, knives, rat kills etc. away from your reach, if you feel you are having such tendencies.
- Suicidal tendencies come, when you think there is no solution to a problem. Think again, suicide cannot be the solution. Infact, if your attempt fails, you are left with utter embarrassment.
- Whenever you think of suicide, think of its consequences, like pain, dirt, dinge, then your focus will shift.
- You probably can’t see for a solution, but solution will come. Till then motivate yourself to live. Grab some new passion like painting, music, or handicraft, and start the new work on it. Set a goal, that you will finish the work, before you die. By the time you finish your work, your will for suicide will die down, in your new passion and love for your acquired hobby.
- Learn to appreciate life. Turn to photography, take clicks of people and nature, or anything that has life. Your vision towards it will change. Through the lens of your camera, you will see many who are more fortunate, many who are much lesser than you, then you will feel lucky that you have atleast some good things with you still. The beauty of nature around you will inspire you to live longer, breathe longer.
- Worship your body everyday. Engage yourself in yoga or some form of exercise. Keep yourself neat and clean, make it a habit, a ritual. Then you will never think of harming your body.
Keeping humour and positivity within you is the best self-help. But even if that doesn’t work much for you, try consulting a good Doctor who can also be your friend. Most of the causes for suicidal tendency, have cure, you have to will for the treatment.