Self-belief is the prime strategy towards success. However, having it and maintaining it need to be practised. When you think something is impossible, you will never truly try for it; the fact is you have to understand that they are achievable if pursued and that you have the capability to do it.
- Defining the goal: You have to be clear about what you want, then you can focus on a proper thing. You need to face your goal with stoicism which means that you need to work on what is there in your control.
For e.g. if your goal is to have a good business, instead of giving excuses like you don’t have enough money, customers never turn out, there is too much competition etc. try what you can. Give it ample time. Study the market of the particular field regularly; spend a fixed amount (that is affordable to you) every week for promotion and advertisements till you get the sale.
- Consistency: Practice makes perfect is an old proverb. Sticking to your goal is something very important. Something which is not practised regularly loses its value or initiation. Keep up your efforts towards your goal, you cannot expect results within one week; results are not in your control, but the hard work is.
E.g. you want to improve your handwriting. You cannot stop at the end of week one. Keep practising your handwriting books; keep writing the cursive ‘A’ again and again. Start a new book after another till you get the perfect sentence writing.
- Do your maths- Calculations are important. If you have the first two steps done; then you have to know the demands of the market, the statistics with which the business moves. That means, you have to increase your knowledge with the market study on your relevant field to make your work successful. Knowing your maths will boost your confidence; i.e. you will know you are going on the right way and following the right strategies.
- Face your disappointment: You will face failures in your attempts and you will be disappointed, that is natural, but don’t give up. Positivity means believing that The greater the negative situation, the greater the potential of positive impact
- Negative Inspiration: Push yourself to do what you are not perfect at. Know more about your peers, so that you are at par with them. Use the fear of failing to instigate yourself towards success.
- Positive Inspiration: Use your happiest memories to keep yourself boosted.
- Don’t be invisible: keep up your efforts. Do not be discouraged with negative feedbacks of others. Always keep showcasing the efforts for they will yield positive effort someday.
Video:Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: Believe in Yourself.