While we all are struggling and fighting every day, to gain more and more, achieve the tallest building, earn the fastest car and reach the end of the world to call us successful, and finally, end our days, in stress, anxiety and tiredness, our living partners, the green plants and trees are so calm, serene and firm in their own places.
In fact, there are several life lessons that we can learn from the plants which will change the definition of success and happiness.
Plants not only help us live and sustain but teaches us every moment in our way to progress.
1. Plants do not set limits as to how big they can, grow, they just grow as tall as they can- Unlike us humans, who are calculating and setting a bank balance number to define success and works like mad towards achieving that number, which only affects our brain negatively, makes us anxious and leaves us tired, fatigued and full of health problems, plants do not set any such goal.
They proceed to with the passing days and grow as much as they can with the opportunities they have. They teach us to limit our ambitions and be satisfied with potentials.
2. The struggle for existence strengthens them- being exposed to harsh weather conditions, wind and rain, plants develop stronger roots and learns to be firm for survival.
When we humans are easily affected by minor adversities, we should learn from them, to put up a strong face against everything that life offers, the strength of will power is the ultimate force behind our survival.
3. They take only what they need- they do not suck up all nutrients from the soil, in fact, that can make them spoilt or withered, they take up only the nutrients required for survival.
In today’s age when we all are fighting to get an extra inch of land, some extra money, some extra facilities, we should learn the value of humility and identify the difference between need and greed from the plants.
4. Plants are adaptive in nature- They change themselves with the changing seasons.
During summer they prepare food enough for the rest of the year, again during autumn they shed their leaves to prepare for winter; when it is spring, they flourish with their new green leaves.
We humans should also behave according to our situation. When we have enough, we should save some for future; when times are bad, we should accustom to our new environment and opportunities too.
As we had accepted the glories, we should take the gloom too.
5. Plants turn to sunlight- especially, sunflower and many of its kind get their own light.
It means, we humans should move towards the positive and find our own happiness even in the gravest of situations.
6. They neutralize the pollutants- make your own goodness shine through, such that all the negatives around you, turn to positive with your love and best nature.
7. They are focused on achieving their own potentials- plants do not compare or envy other plants; rather, they are more focused on their own growth and hence they bear an individuality.
8. Plants add some value for others- They release oxygen with which we breathe, they act as natural air purifiers, each part of the plant is useful to man and other animals, as food, home or other utilities, we all should contribute to our environment in some way or the other and learn to be of help, that will make us selfless and giving.
Plants teach us satisfaction, perseverance, strength, good will and positivity which always makes us better human beings, and by extracting from them, we can be happy and peaceful, give up our greed and bear the crown of humility.
If we can give up greed and lust for more; if we can accept every situation with a brave face; when we don’t fear to lose, we can be away from stress and anxiety and that will keep us free from many diseases like heart problems, high blood pressure, panic and palpitation.
This form of learning will be best for a good mental health and well being.