It is winter time friends, chilly winds outside. #PostChristmas, actually, the weather in our country or some of the abroad countries, do not remain very friendly for trips or picnics or #MallHopping.
This year itself, Delhi and Kolkata have witnessed sudden temperature drops with #GooseBumpyWinds that does not allow you to dress your style and go out for a movie date or dinner, or just window shopping if you feel like. Along with it, there have been long days of bad clouds, with not a spec of the sun.
In the eastern time zone, USA has been swept away by the torments of #Snowzilla, when it is just next to impossible, for you, to plan your weekends outside.
So what do you do?
You do not probably want to spend an inactive, boring weekend, without anything to do! Especially, you have known since your childhood, that winter is the season of fun, frolic, food and festivity. Winter is the best time to eat whatever you want, dress up like yourself and party, isn’t it? But unfortunately, the recent change in the global weather forecast is going against the prediction and teaching of our forefathers :P
These days, odd weather conditions are no longer odd; they are most common throughout the year. However, do not spoil your mood, if your plan for a recent movie outing or long drive, has been spoilt by the bad weather outside.
What to do at home if you are alone, while your parents are away to ‘chachi’s’ or ‘maami’s’, and the weather outside has dumped you, while you had some hopping and shopping plans with your pals, don’t worry, just chill!
Instead of getting frustrated, sort yourself and think about those things which you have been thinking of for a long time-
- Probably, finish up the last section of the novel you had left halfway.
- Turn on the FM, and listen to your favourite program, which you have been thinking of hearing all over again, after a huge gap, but was not being able to make it.
- Live for yourself. Pamper yourself with a cup of ice-cream with chocolate sauce, forget dieting, and start up a new movie which you have been planning for quite sometime.
- Or just go for an extended nap lazily.:)
If you have a partner, Then enjoy your day with these beautiful tips
- Wake up with a strong aroma of beaten coffee, and sit with your partner to decide on the list of exciting things you can do for the day, being home. (of course, if it is not a working day:))
- You can start cooking up a good brunch for both of you, that is complimentary to the weather outside. For e.g. ‘khichdi’, if it is rainy outside, or probably a platter of grilled peking duck with some sparkling white wine and spaghetti can be a sumptuous enough to nurture your taste buds. This is also the right opportunity to brush up your #Cuisineart.
- Holidays, for working couples, have become the ‘odd’ event in the current scenario, preferably try to be at home, on this weekend with your partner. Spend a few extra minutes of the morning nap with each other, when you are not actually sleeping, but may be peeping at each other from your quilt’s other end, or sharing a few old memories or your childhood or your relation, when the sun’s golden rays bathe your bedroom walls.
- Do something special. Engage in some activity, which requires both’s efforts. Like take out some pictures from old albums and make a collage, or change the location of the furniture, to give your home a new look.
- Sit for an afternoon movie together, and jointly start reviewing it with points of criticism. This is very effective. It not only helps you spend quality time with your partner, but also prunes and sharpens your creative analytical skills.
- Try disseminating a detective novel together. You will suddenly realize; you have hit upon a new theory with your partner.
- You can always invite some of your old friends (with whom you have lost touch since long) with a surprise call, and together cook up a delicious dinner for them.
- Play a game of chess or scrabble with our partner. Simple things often make life prettier.
- If you have some recent plans for a long trip or outing, this is the best day to sit with your partner and make the necessary decisions and plans of arrangement.