Answers to your emotional and mental health questions by Experts

198 answered, 0 unanswered

My Husband keeps arguing

28 Mar
Dr. Ibrahim Abunada

Doctors Answer

Mar 28, 2016 01:02 AM

Dear, from your speech and from the given information, I understood that your husband might have a psychological problem, if that's the case, the family member must understand his situation and to stop provoking him and discontinue arguing with him. Sometimes the psychologically disturbed individual has strong false believed not existed in the reality. Therefore, it is crucial when dealing with this type of persons not to confirm or to deny these false beliefs. Try to be calm with him. Don’t humiliate or underestimate his capabilities. Provide him with warm affections. Provide him with a worm, supporting and helpful familial environment. I strongly recommend to consult a psychologist to rule out any psychotic disorder which might need anti-psychotic medications or further psychological interventions. It would be appreciated if you let me know what the updates with your husband soon. Take care