How to not feel shy?

Responses 7

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 16, 2017 08:35 PM

Hey there! I hope you're doing well.

First of all I would really like to tell you that it does not matter if you're talking to someone online or meeting them in real life it is all about your personality which remains the same and what attracts the person the most. It is very important for you to realise that if somebody is charging you based on your looks then I don't think you should even be friends or talking to that person this is what matters is the real you and not how you look. Also I believe that practice please a major role your like when you were talking to someone online maybe you're so hesitant when you started doing it but now since you've been doing that a lot so you become kind of habituated with it and you learn the styles at a required so I think that can be generalized to meeting people in real life is well that when you start doing that initially you will feel has it in with then when you keep doing that often and when you have practiced that art is well then you might be able to overcome this fear and never hesitate when it comes to meet in somebody.

• Anjali Deshmukh
    Anjali Deshmukh   Aug 13, 2017 08:06 AM

Hey there!

Hope you are doing well. Starting off with your question I would say that even though internet has being a boon to us still in certain areas it acts as a bane. For instance, people feel so comfortable in virtual world that they don't want to enter the real world. But this is the reason behind being shy.

I know that using internet and chatting in social media has become your habit. But I would suggest that you minimize the use of internet and step out of your confinement. Go out. Take a fresh breath of air, go for walks, hang out with your friends and be happy. Once you are surrounded by known people, you can easily break the barrier of shyness. Don't feel that you don't belong here. Always let yourself go. Initially you might feel a bit out of place, but once you start enjoying the company of people, you will realize that it is much more fun than the virtual world. 

Whenevr you meet your online friend please don't try to fake yourself. Just be you. Your nature and character is what might have made him/her your friend, so never change your image. Be as you are and people will love your originality. Shatter the shyness and break free. The beautiful world with lovely friends are waiting for you.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck. Tc :)

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 10, 2017 09:01 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Nowadays people are more addicted to the social media and mobile phones. As it brings the people who is so far to the comfort in hands. They can be in touch with the people who is anywhere in the world. Some researches found that, people will tend to speak wise  in chat, than in real life meeting. It’s a common fact about all the people in this world. So don’t feel so concerned and shy about this problem. If you feel shy just forget about the chat you have did in online and make a new conversation while meeting a person.

Also, When you meet a person which totally differs you in online will make the person to think about you as a double faced person. So, don’t create a negative thoughts to ruin their mind. Just stay calm and be yourself.  You can resolve this situation in step by step process.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 10, 2017 08:47 PM

Hope you are doing good. Ican completely understand your situation. Most of young people face this problem so, you don't have to worry much because you can solve this problem. Following tips can help you to overcome your shyness:

1) Try to involve yourself in more gatherings. Don't limit yourself to virtual connection or bond insread you should start to involve yourself in family and friends get-together. Take a baby step and start speaking about few things. You can start conversation on very general topics like weather, current affairs etc.

2) Don't be around those people who judge you on the basis of your looks. For example if you are friends with a person with whom you are chatting for a long duration virtually and when you meet him/her and then your friend changes his/her behaviour because he/she didn't like your overt personality, then don't be friend with him/her. If a person is genuine then he will not judge you by your looks instead he will like you on the basis of your nature. So if you easily open up virtually then don't fear because your friend will be same as he is on the internet.

3) Remove the stigma of being judged because those who are real will accept you, not judge you. So be free,confident and outspoken. 

4) You will remain same as you are online and in your virtual life, just be honest in real life meeting and don,t make up things to impress others and to enhance one's personality. Be true.

Hope this will help.

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 10, 2017 08:24 PM

It is actually a drawback of things like social media and Internet that we have forgotten the art of chatting with someone face to face. And you are facing the same kind of problem. I think it is important to talk, about anything irrespective of the fact that you are right or wrong. Though I do not have the same problem as yours but in this case, you need to improve your mental block of being judge by people due to the words you are going to speak and what if it will hurt anyone. Stop that overthinking. Start talking and ditch the awkwardness. It may happen that you may not be right  in whatever you say, so what? You have not lost the war, right?

Also you should be around people whom you think are extroverted and have that confident demeanour. Even through observation you can learn a lot. Not just about how to present yourself in front of everyone but also about many things you never knew. Or if you're into reading, you can enhance your knowledge through that.

Don't feel insecure about yourself. People will not gobble you or bite you if you say anything wrong so just be who you are. Hope this helps.

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 10, 2017 05:03 PM

Hey there,

I understand your dilemma and it's common these days,with internet put to good use, youngsters have started conversing and making new friends on social media,which is very admirable.

Most of my friends are my online buddies,and they live in different parts of India. Trust me,even I used to be quite insecure and anxious about it. What if they don't like me? What if they hate my dressing sense? Do I look presentable? What will she think of me? Such stupid questions use to pop up everywhere whenever the plans of meeting my first ever online buddy came to the picture.

But then,when I met him (it was his first time too xD) we talked the way we always texted,so basically I had made sure that I wasnt a new person or someone with a badass quality in the virtual world but a kitten's behaviour in the real one. I was exactly the same. They same way I spoke,I thought, everything was same.

Not all are ice breakers,this much has been very clear to all. But then my question is,if not now,then when?

Don't over think and feel insecure. Just be you. 

Hope this helps,thank you.

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 10, 2017 03:43 PM

hi there. 

Of course having the virtual world so easily available to us makes things seem so easy. And while there are a million pros to the use of internet, there are equal amounts of cons, and one of the big ones is that we get overly dependent on it, making it our only way out for everything. This includes social interaction. 

Sure it is easier to talk to someone online because there is not much effort involved. You don't need to make your self look presentable, you don't have to consider body language, you don't have to get intimidated by looking at someone in the eye. There are so many reasons. However, completely avoiding and running away from actual, real life interaction is not going to help you in any way. 

I understand why you find it more comforting to seek interaction online, but trust me it isn't going to be your answer to many things. I would reccomend you limit your internet use, limit the Time you spend online. Talk to people at home instead. Make a friend or two, and just overcome this fear before it gets out of hand. You don't have to straight up start talking to a million people, but you could start by attempting to make an effort to talk to a few people. You don't have to spend all day with them, but you can just talk and find yourself in a more comfortable position. 

Hope his helps. 

Book an appointment