How to do brilliantly in an interview?

Responses 5

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 16, 2017 08:38 PM

Hey there I hope you're doing well.

I can totally relate to this anxiety since I have been through all this hardly few months ago and I can understand how much it matters to clear that one interview for your dream college and how bad it feels to not clear it. I would like to suggest you some tips that should help you during the interviews. First of all the most important thing is to have confidence in yourself do not engage in Rote learning or anything of that sort the best thing about interviews is that they see the overall you are not your intellect only there are so many things that you can compensate if you do not know particular concept and it is ok you are here to learn and were just graduates in that subject and they all are maybe doctor it's so it is ok do not know something. Secondly try to relax and breathe as much as possible immediately before the interview and not panic. Do not try to convert a lot with your fellow competitors for the people who have come to give the interview with you since that why might give you more things it and you start comparing yourself with them with one person the situation worsens. You can also engage yourself in physical workout and yoga.

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 12, 2017 07:43 PM

Hey,

Confidence is one thing that makes all the difference at an interview. In fact, an interview is not as much a test of your knowledge, as it is an assessment of your confidence, your ability to survive the stress and tackle the pressure around, while maintain your cool.Just try keeping the following points in mind before you go for an interview:

• First of all, dress yourself up well. True, it creates an impression on the interviewer. But more important than this, is the impact it has on the interviewee him/her self. It enhances one’s confidence.
    • Don’t get undermined by how others look or what others around you do, when you come for an interview. Always keep in mind that you are there because you are as capable or even more capable than the other candidates around you.
    • Be honest, spontaneous and simple during an interview. No need to overly articulate. Don’t fake yourself. You may think that you are acting smartly, but believe me, the interviewers are way smarter!
    • Take your time in answering. You have to think and answer. Understand, that an interview flows in the direction that you want to take it to. So, your each answer, prepares the ground for the next question that is posed to you. The mere belief that you have answered all the previous questions well, takes away all your nervousness and helps you sail successfully through an interview.
    • To ward of the last-minute nervousness, this is something that you may try. Go to the washroom and energetically raise both your hands up, as if you have already aced the interview. No matter how idiotic this sounds, researches have indicated that this method is really very helpful in raising one’s confidence right before an interview. Try this out, since this is how our brain functions!

HOPE THIS HELPS.

GOOD LUCK!!

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 10, 2017 09:02 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your plight situation. It really makes us anxious when we step forward in our life. You feel anxious of new environment, new people in your working place. I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1. Stay calm and take a deep breathe when you about you start your answer in your interview. Just give them a confident handshake and start your interview. Also don’t show your anxious face to them which makes them to create a bad impression about you.
    2. Organize your answers before talking to the HR. Always have a confident smile in your face. Prepare well for your interview before attending. Be self-confident that you can achieve this and can handle this situation.
    3. Don’t feel depressed if you have the negative results. Interview are just like passing clouds we should move on until we get a stable place in the sky. While passing we may have many hurdles but should run with confident and self esteem which really helps you. You can also do some yoga and meditations if you feel so anxious about your interview.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 10, 2017 08:30 PM

Hello.

Hope you are having a good day. I can completely understand your situation because I will also be going to face the interview in few months. So, I guess we both are on the same boat.It's completely normal to have fear of interviews and this fear pushes us to do our best. A minimum amount of tension is required but don't let the stress and tension take up your whole day and don't let you to prepare and study. Following tips will help you to combat the stress and fear:

1) Believe in yourself and be confident. Never think that you are not going to crack the interview.

2) Be creative and smart while delivering your answers. Use of more real life examples.

3) Keep your body posture straight and don't slouch, tap your feet.

4) Be fluent in your answers and honest also. Be specific and keep your answers concise.

5)Don't panic if you are unable to give any answer, just be honest and say that "I don't know."

6) Always put a good smile on your face and exude positivity.

7) Don't consider this interview as your make or break situation. Just be confident and give your best. If things work according to your plan , then it's good and if not, then don't be sad and work more hard and try again.

All the very best.

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 10, 2017 04:55 PM

Hey there,

Don't panic!

This is best advise given to the readers of the hitchhiker's guide to galaxy,also coldplay fans.

Jokes apart,I honestly know what you're going through because I myself am going through the same stress regarding interviews and group discussions and stuff.

Whatever it is,I would keep some important points in mind that I need to smile and make eye contact with the panel members as to gain their confidence, secondly speak fluently and confidently. Keep this in mind,they judge you from the moment you enter through the door and till you exit by the same door.

Your presence of mind and wuick wit is what they test mostly in an interview. They aren't interested in the answer you give,but more importantly the way you present your answer in front of them.

I know you'll be nervous and tensed,but being nervous is the part and parcel of living the most crucial moments of your life,an interview for a job.

Use less fillers and try to be precise rather than describe the whole thing,even if you are thorough with the topic. Be polite yet firm.

Hope you do well in your interview. Thank you

Book an appointment