What to do when you are egoistic?

11 Aug
Name Confidential

I recently had a fight my friend. I don't know who is wrong or who is right. But I don't want to be the one apologising because it's always me who apologises. How to make her realise that she also needs to say sorry at times. She denies having ego problems, she think she is right all the time. 

Responses 3

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 16, 2017 09:30 PM

hey there I hope you're doing well. 

First of all it is important for you to realise that friendships are one of the purest and the nicest things we do in our life and these bonds should not be weekend by little fights,right? Also I appreciate that you take the stand and the first step whenever you people fight and always apologize however I believe that it is equally important for the other person also to realise her mistake and apologize when the time requires. But I tell you how the psychology works what happens is night when we are angry even though the other person is absolutely right and we are 200% wrong we will not agree to a single thing the person is telling us just because we have any go concert so I was just right now you must apologize for the last time and maybe venting is normalised to a great extent between both of you then you can actually sit down with her and explain her at this is not how things work and maybe then she will be able to understand you better and get the gist of your facts. Right now she will not be able to understand your point because you are an opponent in her life right now so she might not even listen to you properly agreeing is a very secondary thing.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 13, 2017 06:54 PM

Hope you are doing good. I can completely understand your situation because so many people have problem of ego and they don't accept that and this thing ruins the friendship or relationship. But you should remember apologising is not a bad thing and it won't make you wrong or guilty instead it's a sign of maturity and sensibility. So if you think that the situation can be solved just by apologising then go ahead and save your bond. Still you think that things are not going better and your partner is not understanding and accepting her fault, then you should take a step back and leave the situation as it is and may be your absence will makerher realise her fault. When you leave the situation then both of you get the time to think analytically then come to conclusion and maybe this time she will apologise because she will understand your value and will take efforts to make up the situation. If you think that still her nature remains the same, then talk to her and keep your point strongly and if still things won't work according to you then just leave it and move forward. May be one day she will realise her mistake or maybe your absence make her realise. Stay positive.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 11, 2017 09:21 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. People will feel as hard as to apologize, as they feel down if they apologize for the wrongs. This makes a bad sense about them. If you feel and apologize your friend it’s really a great manner to be followed in a relationship. Apologizing for your wrongs can really save your relationship. As many of them lose their relationships due to the lack of apologizing mannerism. If you need your friend to be apologizing as you, you should make her to understand about the situation and of her ego. Just sit and talk with your friend about her bad behavior. If you think your friend can really hears you, you can try up this.

Else, just take a deep breathe and stay calm. As Karma is boomerang, one day she attains it then she may realize. There is no other way to resolve the ego. If people will never hear our words then they will realize only after many hurdles. So, just leave them in their own way. Apologizing character will never make you down, As You sow, so you reap. What you sow is what you reap in future. So stay happy always.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

Book an appointment