How to study effectively?

Responses 4

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 16, 2017 09:33 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

It is very important for your first of all to realise that there are no shortcuts to anything successful in life even if it's getting good grades or study more effectively it is all inside your head that need to be fixed. I appreciate how you have come up with the problem is really want to improve it is when you have that will to improve that brings you half way towards the solution already. However specifically in your study problem, the best solution it is to distributor time equally to all the things you really want to do in your day. Do not hesitate in making a list of all the things you want to do I get involved in throughout the day maybe if it's playing football on watching TV or wasting your time or studying just make a list of all the things you do and then set a Priority and time limit to how much time do you really want to dedicate to each thing and try to speak into that initially do not give more time to study a list of sports if you're not interested start with 15 minute study schedule in the first week and maybe eventually take it to 2 hours in 2 to 3 weeks it is absolutely normal but it is important for you to distribute your time so that you get time for everything and when you are done with everything you miss something and that something is study so that when you sit down for those 15-20 minutes to study you have all your concentration in that particular thing.

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 21, 2017 01:27 AM

Hey! Have you heard of the pomodoro technique? There has been lots of research done on this technique and it is proven to help you with your time management! It is something that I have personally been trying to use. Honestly, it will take a while to get used to but it is scientifically proven to improve your efficiency. In short, the pomodoro technique helps to divide your day into 25 minute time slots. There is a 5 minute break between each time slot. In the 25 minute time slots, you need to focus on your work with full attention. This means that you need to keep your phone away, stay away from social media and any other distraction. You should completely focus on your work for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break in which you should rest. This increases your productivity and allows you to manage your time well so that there is a work-life balance.

The first step in this technique is to take 5 minutes in the morning to plan your day and set your goals. You need to decide what tasks you will work on and estimate the amount of time it will require. Then you need to organize this amount of time into pomodoro sessions of 25 minutes each.

Soon after planning your day, you can begin your pomodoro sessions. After 4 pomodoro sessions, you need to take a longer break for about 20 minutes. Then you go about repeating the same process!

You can click here for a more detailed explanation:

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 13, 2017 06:22 PM

Hope you are having a good day. I can completely understand your situation because there are so many students who go through the same problem. But this problem can be solved, it just require some efforts from your side. Firstly you have to make a daily study plan where you can write the number of topics to be studied in a day and try to achieve the target. Start by making small goals for you say about 2 topics in a day and complete them. Slowly increase the material of study and achieve them, in this way you will gain confidence and also increase your concentration power. Secondly, study in a place where there is no  noise and there should be no one to disturb you. Keep yourself away from distractions like cellphone, music, T.V. while studying. Make up your mind before studying that you have be fully focused for atleast 40 minutes. Thirdly don't try to sit continously for long hours instead study for 40 minutes and take break of 20 minutes and continue this process as it is the best and effective of learning and studying. Lastly practice yoga and meditation. Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. This will increase your concentration power.

Hope this will  help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 11, 2017 09:21 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. It’s a common thing that happens in every student life. I really appreciate you, that you can’t sit for a even a minute after two hours of studying. I can’t even sit for an half hour with my books opened. I always just wander about the things which is around me. Even staring at the wall make a great sense while studying. I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1. Sit in a calm place which also makes your mind to stay and peace and also to gather more things about your subject. If you sit in a noisy place you just get frustrated and will wander about the noise you hear.
    2. Schedule your time. Make a clear and daily schedule for everything you need to complete. Also while scheduling, allocate some time for your break. As we human need a break to refresh. Break during studies is not like chatting in your mobile phones or watching tv. Just take a deep breathe, have a walk around your study room. Just do meditation for 5 minutes and drink some water and have some hygienic snack.
    3. Gift yourself. Also if you have completed your tasks within the time limit just gift yourself with a chocolate or the extra time to enjoy your break which really rejuvenate you.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

Book an appointment