How to stop comparing myself with others?

Responses 7

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 16, 2017 09:27 PM

hey there I hope you're doing well.

First of all it is very important for you to realise that it is not always about comparing our cells with other people even though we are social animals and they always seek social validation with every little thing we do from the way we breathe to the way we walked out the people we live with. Good there are also things like self affiliation and self satiation which must not be ignored and I believe they have more value than social validation. We must not always do things in comparison to other people there are so many times when I want to do things only because I have interest in it and not because my friend is doing it where is the real pleasure then? Don't your heart wants and it's not always important that everybody will be good in a particular think there are so many times somebody is good at arts the other person will be good at sports The Other might be at writing out with Rhea speaking everybody has a different talent and no to people are the same so maybe if you're not good in studies or if there are people who look better than you that might mean that you have hidden talents or maybe you're good at writing or other things which the pretty person or the intelligent person has no clue about.

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 21, 2017 01:37 AM

Hi, I understand that it can be difficult not to compare yourself with others, but even if you do, you should try to appreciate the differences and diversity between you and others. Everyone has their own good and bad qualities and their own insecurities which makes them who they are. You have to look at yourself and understand yourself better. Think about the good and bad qualities in your appearance and personality and realize the uniqueness in you. You will see that there are some areas in which you excel and some in which you still need to work on. Everyone has their own areas in which they feel confident and some areas which bring out their nervousness.  

Once you start appreciating the differences between you and others, you will stop comparing yourself with them in everything. You will achieve self-acceptance and you will be able to be happy with the way you are. Also, if there are some areas in which you want to change to reach an ideal-self, you should go for it. You can only accomplish these things if you work hard, so you should put in the effort and you will gain whatever it is that you wanted.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 13, 2017 07:31 PM

Hey there! Hope you are doing well.

I would appreciate how you have realized the problem that you are undergoing and seek solution to it.That is how we develop. So,basically, the problem is not that you have a low-esteem,the problem I see is that you want to go with flow.Please know that every child is special and we all deserve equal love and appreciation,though in different contexts and different fields.There is nothing wrong with you.I would like to suggest some actions you can undertake in order to elevate your self-esteem-

1.Do not judge yourself.You are unique and deserve love,no matter what.

2.Do not weigh your qualities with that of others.See,how you are better than others in so many things.

3.Involve yourself in things you enjoy doing and are good at.This shall help you boost your self-esteem.

4.See how others are good at some things and bad at others and so are you.Does that not make you equal to them?

Also,please stop staying in a place where you feel left out or inferior.Try making friends with the people you feel comfortable being around and know that you will not be judged,no matter what.

Hope this helps!

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 13, 2017 11:03 AM

Hope you are doing good. I can completely understand your situation. So many young people and teenagers go through this feeling of insecurities they get from comparing oneself from others. To be very honest, we all compare ourselves to others at one point of our lives but we should learn to overcome this habit of comparing. We should only compare ourselves with our past selves, so that we can see that how far we have reached. You should learn that we all are different from each other and unique in our own self and we should embrace our uniqueness. You should work on yourself, you have correct your bad habits and polish your good ones. There is only one way to be good is to be the best version of yourself. You can take inspiration from others who are successful but don't compare yourself because we all are on different journeys with different aims and there is no point of comparing ourselves to others.

Believe in yourself and polish yourself into a better human being and focus on what makes you happy. All in all be yourself and be the best version of yourself, because only you will be there to for yourself to take on this beautiful journey called life.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 11, 2017 09:22 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. It’s a normal that everyone come across. Don’t feel depressed of your comparing character. But it should be avoided to compare your life with other. It will just reduce your self-esteem , self-confident level as you mentioned in your post. I also appreciate you of understanding about your weakness and trying to correct yourself. If you compare yourself with others you are just degrading yourself.

Praise yourself of what you have, which will make you to love yourself more. Appreciate and motivate yourself if you achieve or at least try something new.  If you compare others with any high credentials just don’t stay depressed better just motivate yourself to achieve more than that in your life. “DON’T TAKE AN EXAMPLE BE AN EXAMPLE”, so don’t compare yourself with others.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

• Rasi M Sethia
    Rasi M Sethia   Aug 11, 2017 07:12 PM

I can understnd what are you going through. You have the habit of noticing people a lot. I guess you notice people's behaviour, attitude, personality, clothes, almost everything. Whenever you like someone or their any of the characteristics, you tend to compare them with yourself and then you come to your won conlusion that you are not worthy. Stop doing this. Don't compare yourself others. Each and every individual is different and each one of us are unique in a different way. Stop comparing yourself with others. You are the best in you, don't try to be or pretend like others. You may like some things about others, praise and adore that but don't think that you are not good or worth just beacuse you don't have that characteristic in you. Rather than focusing on what have others got and have in extra focus on your own well being and what good things you have. I am very sure that you have some great things. Cherish what you have and focus on self growth. Don't criticise yourself to such an exent that it degrades your self esteem. Whenever you analyse someone, don't just focus on their good side. Do analyse what they don't have and what they are lacking. No one is perfect and has all the good thigs. When you analyse yourself, do look into your positive side and ehat you have. Comparing yourself with others is only good if that makes you competitive and boosts you to work harder for your self growth. If it degrades your self esteem then its not the correct way to judge yourself.

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 11, 2017 06:56 PM

Hi there,

Isn't the answer simple enough? Stop comparing yourself with others.

I know it is difficult for you,for all of us to stop that damned inner voice,judging everyone, judging ourselves.

But that's the only way my friend, for that the first step is to stop judging others. You see,lot of time is saved if you don't think about what others think about you. If you think what others think about you,then you'll be robbing them of their jobs.

Think of yourself as a blue marble out of a world full of yellow marbles. In academics and extra curricular activities,come what may,you must never judge yourself by the capabilities of others. Everyone has different weapons for fighting a common war,find that weapon and use it to the fullest. Develop a i-dont-care-what-others-can-do-and-I-cant attitude and stick to it for the rest of your life. Hope this helped. Thanks and take care.

Book an appointment