Is it okay to bunk?

Responses 5

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 16, 2017 09:29 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. Every student will just come across this stage. Everyone feels of useless to be sit in a class for a whole day with boring lectures and lessons. So, bunking class is ok, to relax your mind. First of all, I appreciate you of knowing about your parent’s pain and hard work. Many youngsters were failed o know about their parent’s hard work and just spent their money like a water. If you feel guilt of just bunking your class, you can just try to bring your focus and study and listen to the lecture.

Focus can be brought up by doing some exercises like, listening to songs by only listening  the  background music, also watching or focusing some picture, which can be helpful to increase your concentration level.  You can also do some yoga and meditations regularly.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care :)

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 15, 2017 11:45 AM

Hey there

You mentioned a line 'you're not focussed',I didn't really catch the meaning but I hope it's not that your concepts are unclear and you don't understand what the teacher is speaking.

See, bunking to a certain limit as my friends have already mentioned is okay,till a limit,but you need to draw a line between bunking it at times and simply wasting your parent's hard earned money.

I'm glad you understand the efforts out on by your parents,and I'm also glad you categorize this problem of yours as a dilemma and not simply bunk everytime you get a chance.

See,in the end, it's all about choices. It is the choices that make us what we truly are,far more than our abilities. Learn the art of saying 'no' to your friends who try to influence you to bunk when you have already taken a decision of not bunking. 

Hope you make the right choices and do well in your studies. Good luck 

• Nimisha singh
    Nimisha singh   Aug 15, 2017 11:20 AM

Hey there!

I appreciate your concern about your parents and it really good that you realised it earlier. It is completely okay to bunk few classes if you are not well or want change form your regular timetable, but this should not become a habbit. I agree that sometimes the classes are boring and you want to escape from this situation but this is not a solution.

What we need to realise is that not all classes are boring but we lack attention because of our behaviours also. like now a days we use mobile phone everytime because of it we are not able to take complete rest and then we feel sleeply and distracted in class. And so try to manage our time, do study properly, go out with our friends (it okay to bunk few classes,but you should have self control) and then take proper rest also.

I hope this helps 

• Anjali Deshmukh
    Anjali Deshmukh   Aug 15, 2017 11:01 AM

Hey Hi!!! So as college students, we all feel like enjoying life and doing this one particular thing i.e bunking classes. Inspired by movies most of us might think that bunking classes is all cool and fun. But reality it is not. 

It's good that you can understand how much effort your parents are putting to educate you. It shows that you value your parents and their effort, but you are not clear yet as to whether or not to bunk classes. Frankly speaking when classes get over the top and mind gets blocked its ok to bunk classes. But doing it again and again will make it an unending habit which will effect your academics. So, I would say bunking once or twice is fine but do try to concentrate in your classes. You just need to start liking your subjects. Try to understand the practical applications of your subject and then may be you will feel like studying and listening. Don't just listen, take notes may be in the form of mind mapping to make it more interesting. Use colour pens to bring life in that boring subject. Once you start enjoying the subject there won't be any more bunking from your side.

Hope this was helpful. Have a good day :)

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 14, 2017 08:08 PM

Hello. It is good actually, that you realise your parents' value in making you educated. Had everyone been like that, the parenys would have been the happiest people on the Earth. Anyways coming back to your question. See, bunking classes to a certain limit is okay but do not let it become a habit. There will be certain days you feel exhausted from attending lectures all day long and you think you seriously need a break. In that case, you can take a break. You just cannot take leave from lectures after 3-4 days, right? I am saying this because it will extinguish the sense of self-discipline in you and that would make you a couch potato. Don't let that happen.

As far as lectures being boring, no they are not actually. It depends on how you look at it. Since you feel bored and monotony comes in, let me share with you a technique to kill that boredom. Today in my class, I scribbled on my notebook whatever the professor was telling, this will not just kill your boredom but also you will be forced to keep yourself attentive. And then it will help in your exams also some way or the other. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Book an appointment