language problem

Responses 2

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 17, 2017 12:21 PM

Hi there,

I recently completed my orientation programme training from ICAI and I couldn't help but notice some things.

Over here too,there was a girl who resided in a far of place and she never spoke much with anyone at all. She had a great command over her mother tongue which is marathi,but she had difficulty in expressing her feelings and opinions in English language,and this course being fully English,she found it difficult to grasp some words.

This is just one case,there are many others who face this problem and the fault maybe difference in the boards,less or almost nil practice in English speaking skills,no communication in English also maybe there was no one to guide such people through their tough times.

The best way to erase out their fear is to break the ice and starts communicating with them,helping them enhance or even improve a bit of their English speaking skills. It'll take time,a lot of it infact,but eventually they will start feeling confident enough to speak on the stage with out any fear. 

All they need is a helping hand,be the one and feel the smile on your face and theirs when they succeed.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 16, 2017 01:26 PM

Hello there! 

I have seen this situation in my college as well. People tend to feel inferior very easily. It's our duty as seniors to make them feel comfortable and open.  

The easiest way to get started into this by willingness to talk. Just gather around a room and talk. Ask people to introduce themselves. Go for a movie together, movie always gives you things to talk about. 

Many colleges organise freshers to break this ice between students. It really motivates people to come forth and befriend people who they like. 

You can talk to few people and tell them how they should also approach other people and eventually everyone will learn to initiate conversation. 

Book an appointment