Diplomacy

15 Aug
Rasi M Sethia

I have come across people who behave differently with different prople. They very smartly manipulate others. When i ask them why do you have to be fake around people just to keep your image positive they reply that they are not fake, they are diplomatic. I really don't understand the difference between the two. Aren't both terms same?  Is not being diplomatic lying to others and breaking their trust ? Why do people have to be political about everything even with friends ?

Responses 1

• Radhika Goel
    Radhika Goel   Aug 17, 2017 09:04 PM

Hii, hope you are doing well.

Your concern is absolutely valid. However, being fake and diplomatic are quite different. The problem lies in people's wrong usage of the two words and taking advantage of the diplomatic concept to become fake and violate promises and trusts.

When a person is being fake they may lie, cheat and not be true to oneself and others in order to gain pseudo acceptance or get something done. However, when a person is being diplomatic they try to respect each involved parties wishes and come to a solution through productive negotiation that may benefit everyone. Diplomacy, as a political concept, has helped many nations progress together and even prevent terrorism and another such kind of attacks.

Book an appointment