Respect your elders

Responses 3

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 05:33 PM

Hope you are doing well. According to me being elder doesn't means being able to get respect. Age is not at all directly proportional to respect. If you find that your elders disrespect you again and again without any concrete reason, without your mistake then surely you can put your point and if still they continue disrespecting you then you should leave their company or should not talk to them. Some elders disrespect young ones so that they can satisfy their egos. So if you think you are correct and has done nothing wrong then you should stay away from them. But for this you have to be open minded and should see the reality and accept it, if its your mistake then accept it or not then talk to your elders regarding the reason of their bad behaviour, kf you find it correct then bring changes in yourself and if not then leave their company.

Hope this will help.

• Radhika Goel
    Radhika Goel   Aug 17, 2017 05:51 PM

Hi, hope you are doing well.

Respect is a two-way street. There is only a limit till which one can bare insults in the form of discouragement, violations, or anything else elders may impose on one. You must respect elders as to not be disrespectful needlessly or answer back all the time and not give their opinions any importance or treat them in a degrading manner. However, one should not let their opinions detter our ambitions or discourage us from pursuing whatever we want to do. There is always another way to solve disagreements. Elders have more wisdom because they may have had experiences that can help us make better choices but eventually we must make our own mistakes to make the most of our choices and not blame anyone else for them.

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 17, 2017 11:57 AM

If I were to be blunt, I'd say hell NO.

But this question itself is very vague,but I'll try justifying my reasons with different situations.

Recently I decided to give up on C.A because I never had any intentions of pursuing it and after going through the 'i quit' wala moment,I thought of giving it up because I may have the brains for it,but definitely no passion. So when I told my mum,she got angry and started throwing tantrums as to I'm a failure and a disgrace and I won't earn any money. Trust me,I really wanted to smack her face with my mobile,but did I? No

Now the simplest explanation to this is,I respect,love and admire her the most. She has sacrificed many things for me,and even if it is unsaid,I need to repay it back,so I do have a lot of admiration for her,still I'm adamant and not changing my decision.

Now,case 2, I have this uncle who is the most negative person I've ever met. It's like,if you by chance fail or get less marks, he'll start talking about his days when he was a topper and make your feel demotivated and doesn't respect your attempt, but trust me,he isn't the CEO of any company,just as regular office guy.

Always remember, respect is always earned and never given easily. You respect me,I respect you is the policy since ages,and one needs to respect this tradition. Especially in India, we've always treated elders with respect no matter how much of a pain in the ass they are. I'm sorry,but I disagree with this silent treatment. 

My friend used to get molested by her own grandfather,do you think she should have respected him? Do you think,that moron even falls in the category of receiving any kind of respect from anyone,had they known?

Think upon it.

Book an appointment