becoming favorites

16 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Most of us are in the study phase of our life and share the same classroom environment,more or less.However,certain external factors might vary but we all have some typically characterized people who are present everywhere.They can be the toppers,book-worms,social butterflies and the very irritating favorites of the teacher.I hae always obsered these few students who are not so bright but pretend to be the best,lot who always flatter the teacher and want to take the short cut for good grades.They can go to any extent for this,from gossiping about everyone to making mass-bunk or any class activity a flop.Why do they do it?Why do they behave in such a way?

Responses 2

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 05:12 PM

Hope you are doing good. I completely agree with you. In classrooms there are different types of students and what irritates us are the students who pretend to be excellent and are not in reality. They just keep buzzing around the teacher, appreciating them and doing their work. They appreciate the teacher to an extent that sometimes teacher oversee their mistakes. These group of students spread rumours about other students and gossip about them with teachers and prove themselves as the best students. The reason can be many like they are attention seekers. Thry want to be in the eyes of teacher so that when in problem they can easily get help. They don't want to work hard so they choose the easier way and that is flattering the teacher so that they can get scores in test and can pass the class easily without hustling much. 

But there are teachers out there who are not affected by these students and know who is a good and hard working student. So we shoild not get affected by these students and should working hard in our studies.

Hope this will help.

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 18, 2017 10:01 AM

hi there! 

You are very correct in the observation you just made. A classroom is a place where different personalities are brought together to direct them into pursuing one common goal. And that's about the most common thing about them. The way they achieve their goal is completely based on them. I'm sure, you know and understand the theory behind everyone being different. It's the same case in classes, because everyone has a different story, a different background and a different history. 

Whats more astonishing is that some kids, as young as 3 in kindergarten, with no real history might also somewhat behave in the same way as their older counterparts. Some kids are more competitive than others, some are shy and timid, some may just try to establish power through bullying and Dominance, some might just want to get through class with good grades to impress their parents. Similarly, everyone has a different learning power. Some kids learn faster than others, while there are some who are just not academically motivated, but rather are more motivated to participate in sports and extra curriculars. But does that mean their method of getting the goal is good ? I would say there is no real good or bad to this. Everyone sees a different way to get ahead, while it might be written somewhere about the way it should actually be (rule book), many might sort to a different route. And that's okay. That's what their personalities are all about. Some kids might just have a very privileged background, and you could note that these are the kids who are known to be the most notorious. On the other hand, you could find others who come from a strict and hardworking family, and you'll notice that they are the "good" kids who follow rules. 

So yes, the only reason I see is that everyone is different and their background and personalities make a huge difference. 

Hope this helps! 

Book an appointment