low confidence

Responses 9

APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 27, 2017 11:03 PM

Many a times we are faced by situations where we seem to be losing out on our self-esteem and self confidence. While I was going through some of the articles on internet, this particular article particularly caught my attention and I found it really motivating. This highlights the importance of a high self-esteem and the need to maintain our confidence in diverse situations. Have a look at it:

The Importance of a Healthy Self-Esteem

Having read the importance of self esteem  and self confidence, here a few things you will always have to keep in mind in social situations:

• Never let yourself be governed by others judgments. So long as you are satisfied with what you are and what you do, others’ opinion hardly matters. Always keep this thought at the back of your mind.
    • Even if you falter, no big deal. There is always a second chance to improve.
    • But remember, unless you move forward and speak, you will never be able to learn.Unless you try you can never move forward. Just give it a shot. Success and failure are equally possibe but there is no harm in trying .The supposed feelings of filure should not let your confidence shake and deter you from trying.

Just go ahead.

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 21, 2017 01:29 AM

Hey, you feel less confident because you have no idea what is going to happen in the future, but at the same time if you start accepting that you can’t predict or control the future, it will help ease your anxieties.

We worry because we want to control things and prevent bad things from happening. Our fear about the future is the major factor that drives us to worry. Our awareness of the amount of uncertainty in the world instills a fear within us of losing every that we have, and so we constantly worry about it. Some amount of worry can be beneficial because it helps us to avoid danger, however excessive worrying can interfere with our lives.

Worrying leads us to believe that we are in control of the situation in some capacity. Some people even believe that worrying is part of the problem-solving process. This happens because when we worry about something bad happening but everything turns out well, we associate worrying with solving the problem. It’s a fundamental flaw in our belief system. I doubt the possibility of completely ending worry or anxiety because it is a part of human nature. Everyone has their own tiny problems and situations that make them worry. However, it is possible to cope with it better.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 04:39 PM

Hope you are doing good. So many young fellows have the problem of low confidence and it's normal to have but sometimes only, if low confidence continues to have for a longer time then it will create problems. You can do the following things to overcome your problem of low confidence:

1) When you take up new activities try to take baby steps so that you can easily achieve them and will build confidence.

2) Always do the things which scare you as this will remove your anxiety and will build immense confidence in you.

3) Take the help of your friends and talk to them regarding your feelings and ask for their support.

4) Always believe in yourself and remind yourself that you are worthy of everything and can achieve everything just have faith and confidence in yourself.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 19, 2017 04:49 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.   Everyone will come across these kind of situation in their life. I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1. Surround yourself with pessimistic people who always think positive and will motivates you. This world is full of criticizer who always stand as a obstacle of whatever we do, so pessimistic people can really motivates you and help you in many ways. Always think positive.
    2. Anxiety is worry about future events and fear is the reaction to current events. These feelings may cause physical symptoms, such as fast heart rate and shakiness. So, stay calm and relieve tension with vigorous massage. Practice healthy thinking and stop negative thoughts.
    3. En you start something think positive and think, “I can do this, I will do this”. Motivate yourself and if you fail, don’t be depressed and stress. Stay calm and figure out the reason of your failures and rectify yourself and do with more esteem next time.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care :)

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 17, 2017 07:58 PM

First of buddy,

Never ever think negative,the whole cycle of negativity sucks which makes your every day life dull and boring. So change that,trust me you'll feel a lot more happier once you start thinking positive.

So and what are the most non threatening as words could ever be,place them side by side and they can haunt you for the rest of your life.

SO WHAT? So what?

You know, I've always prized myself into making stupendous theories,max to max theory is one of them.

If you're trying something new,and you think you are going to fail,always ask your self,what can be the max to max negative outcome of it? You'll fail,people will laugh,that's it right?and then forget it. So go ahead with it and don't ever lose your self confidence no matter whoever taunts you or mocks you.

Hope you do good in future. All the best.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 17, 2017 12:34 PM

Hello there! 

People usually say nothing is impossible. I don't believe it. You can try and try and try and still not achieve it. It's very important to aim for something that is practical and achievable. It's okay if you fail. It's  okay to try again and again. But you should know when to let go of it and move on. 

If you continue to be stuck on one thing, you will never discover other things you are good at. 

Just accept whatever the consequences you face, don't let it have a negative impact on your self esteem. One task does not define your worth. 

Count your blessings and be insightful. Think of the other things that you are good at. 

Try breathing exercises when you are anxious. Be prepared to face whatever comes your way. Don't dwell on the past and think positively. 

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 17, 2017 08:29 AM

Hello there. There is nothing wrong in trying new things. There will be two consequences, either you will succeed or you will fail. If you succeed then congratulations but if not it is not the end of the world my friend. That one thing should not act as a deterrent towards not doing new things. You should try to ascertain the reason behind your worry whether it is your previous experience or some other personal issues. There is nothing wrong with the tasks you do. It is all there in your head. Reslove these issues otherwise it may hamper your daily living.

Believe in yourself that yes, you can do it and be positive. So what you fail, at least you will learn something out of it. Through this you can ensure that you would not repeat the same mistake. Control your anxiety levels and just give it a go. Keep all negative thoughts at bay and focus on the task ahead.

Do what you always wanted to do. Listen to everyone, make inferences and then do what you want to. Because no one knows yourself better than you. Always remember to stay positive. Hope this helps.

• Rasi M Sethia
    Rasi M Sethia   Aug 16, 2017 10:44 PM

I hope you are doing well. I get what you are saying. Anxiety is very common among people these days. Whenever someone thinks of doing or starting something new, the first thing that comes to his mind is what if he is not able to perform well and he fail. This negative thought leads to anxiety and fear which ultimately makes him withdraw from his plan and he takes a step back. This is very common among the youth. If as a youth you keep withdrawing from everything, you will never grow. Anxiety occurs due to lack of positivity and self confidence. 

Whenever you decide of doing something don't let any negative thoughts enter your mind. Be confident and do it. Have faith in yourself and keep moving forward. If a negative thought enters your mind, forcefully convert it into positive one. Think of the benefits and achievements of doing that activity. Don't take a step back. Force yourself to move forward saying if not now then never! Take a deep breath and say to yourself before starting "I can do it". If you succumb to your fears and anxiety, you will get stuck and will not be able to move forward. I had anxiety during my exams. I always thought that I will forget everything and won't be able to write. One of my cousins told me before sitting down to study say to yourself 'my eyes scan whatever I read, wow'. Doing this really worked. If positivity enters your mind, there is nothing that can stop you.

You have to fight your anxiety and fears on your own. Be Strong. :)

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 16, 2017 10:32 PM

hey there :) 

Change is something that not everyone is a fan of. Tying something new means ivolving change. Change is also a risk taken, because it could either go your way, or completely take a toll. While there are people who love to try out new experiences and take risks, there is a few of us in this world who are actually scared of it. 

Maybe one reason behind this is that a previous experience has probably shaken you up. We stop trying with new ideas and thoughts because we are afraid history will repeat itself. So maybe this previous experience must be the reason behind your fear of trying out new things and hence causes you some stress. This stress causes anxiety and you just become nervous. That's when the "maybe if I just ... " thoughts come up. 

Secondly, maybe you are just a negative person. And I don't mean this in a bad way or anything, but what happens is that when we have negative thought process, we only look at the dark side. The failures and disruptions, we fail to see the bigger picture, the possible good result. Now this is the thing with chances and risks, it could either go north or south, there is not other way it could. However if you used the same energy into thinking that some good will come out of this, then you will Learn that it isn't so hard to let go and take the risks. You'll feel more motivated with the potential end result hence pushing you to that direction. 

So what I would suggest is that you keep a more open and freer mind. Keep it positive, because no matter what happens, eventually it has to go your way. 

Hope this helps! You 

Book an appointment