Should I allow cheating?

Responses 5

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 21, 2017 01:31 AM

Hey, I guess people don’t feel guilty after cheating because the benefits of cheating are too high whereas the cost of cheating is quite low. Nowadays, cheating is a socially desirable behavior and those who don’t cheat are not easily accepted. Those who don’t cheat are considered ‘nerds,’ and nerds are mostly undesirable. Rarely do people want to be friends with nerds during school years because being friends with a nerd will make them unpopular. Being unpopular at school can make life insufferable for teenagers.

Therefore, sometimes to fit in, most people indulge in cheating during exams. They believe that this will help them become more popular among their peers. Cheating is not looked down upon so it rarely leads to guilt. It really depends on the environment of a person. If an individual’s goals are to fit in and to belong to a social group, then cheating will not make them feel guilty. However, if the individual’s goals are to build their knowledge and develop their intelligence, then cheating on an exam can make them feel guilty since they weren’t able to achieve their goal. It depends on what the end goal of an individual is and the environment that they are surrounded by which determines whether cheating will lead to guilt or not.   

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 03:01 PM

Hope you doing well. You should always follow your morals and instincts no matter how hard it is. Cheating is wrong and it's good that you know it, then you should feel bad to stick by it. True friends will never leave you for this thing instead they will support you and will work hard to pass the test. Those friends which cheat from your paper and threatens you for breaking the friendship if you doesn't help them in exams are not your true friends and you should not bother about them. You should not indulge yourself in these activities so yhat you can remain friends with them as wrong deeds will ultimately harm the individuals.

Try to correct them and explain the importance of hardwork in studies and how to remain truthful for studies and still they doesn't agree then just leave their company without having a guilt.

Hope this will help.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 20, 2017 02:12 AM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

I can understand what it feels like to study so hard for something and then,at the last moment,seeing others score better than you through appropriate means.It is not always about the exam or the score we get but about the hard work that goes down the drain.This is so much relatable to real life as well.Every where we see how people,through inappropriate means get better ranks and respect than those who have really worked hard for something.What upsets me more is to see the hard working people get distracted and moving towards such paths as well.Still we have so many options.

1.Try explaining to them that how it is wrong and how much they will have to suffer if they get caught.

2.Do not feel sad about it because you might score less but whatever you have scored shall be solely because of your efforts and you can entirely take the credits.

3.Also,do not get distracted by such people because it all might appear very fancy but if they get caught even once,imagine how drained their image will get.

4.It is not always that such a behaviour escapes.So believ in God.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 19, 2017 06:00 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Being a student and a good friend you should earn good name from your teacher and also your friends. You should have balance in both side. If you say about this to your teacher, then your friends will never talk with you. Also, if you leave this and help your friends and later you are pointed by your teacher, then both your teacher and parent will scold you. So, the only solution you can talk with your friends, about their future if it continues. In future, they really feel bad and can stag in life.

You can also motivate them, like helping them in clearing their doubts and make them to study first. Give them a company and can study. Combine study with your friends in class room also at home. It is to be noted that, Should study when you were altogether. Don’t help your friends in exam hall, better you can write always without listening or watching anyone in exam hall. After your exams if they approach you that, you haven’t helped them. Reply them that, “I haven’t noticed you, better you can study yourself next time I shall help you, shall we study? It really helps you to build the bright future”. If your friend accepts your words, you can proceed else just stay back and don’t help in exam hall, one day he will realize. If someone never hear our words, let the action speaks.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care :)

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 18, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi there! 

Firstly hats off to you for understanding that cheating is wrong and that you don't need that kind of stress in your life. However, just like everything else in life, we are cause of the stress we have. Now I understand that having friends may sometimes be prioritized over our moral values and all that, because hey, they are my friends right? And I need friends because it makes me feel wanted and cared, and additionally I also get to have some fun days and nights on their account. So I don't want to be a loner, a social pariah. So what to do? I'll just entertain everything they throw at me, because I'm a good friend. 

No. You can't lie to yourself, and you don't need to take that nonsense if you are not okay with it. I understand completely how it feels to have worked hard and then to see that your friends just swooning in to get what you worked so hard for in just a second. You lost your sleep, and worked, while they had a nice good nights sleep, and still getting the marks. These people will never learn anything in life and it must come to a stop. 

If they were really your friends for the right reasons then they shouldn't feel offended when you tell them to stop the cheating, especially from your side. Honeslty, if you don't want to, then it's okay to say no. Tell them clearly you don't like it, and f they want to cheat then let them do it form somewhere else but don't let them get to you. If they are you true friends, then they will understand. 

Hope this helps 

Book an appointment