How to not make fun of others

Responses 5

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 02:31 PM

Hope this will help. Ragging of any kind is whether mild or severe is wrong and affects the mental health of the students. It's sad that it is still present in our colleges although it has become an illegal offence. It's sad that you became a victim of ragging/making fun in your initial years of your college but this does not mean that you should continue doing the same wrong things to your juniors, then where the difference lies between you and them. 

It's good that you feel that it is wrong so you have stand against it and should take efforts to stop it so that no one else could feel the same bad feelings which you had felt once. In this way this will help all other juniors to have a tension free college life and you will also feel good because you did something beneficial for them.

Hope this will help.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 20, 2017 12:09 AM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.I really appreciate how you have come up with this problem.It is so nice to see that someone admits his fault and wants to bring a change.You know,we must be the change,we wish to see in the world.Bullying and ragging are things that should never be done because it is against law of human nature.Is torturing another human pleasure-seeking?not at all. Please know that it is sheer immaturity to do wrong to others because wrong has been done to you.In fact,if you have gone through a specific probelm,then you must try that the other person should be guided well enough in all spheres to not be punished there.Here,there are a few things which you can do to help your juniors.

1.Try conincing your fellow batchmates and make them realize what wrong they are doing.

2.If not publically,then secretly help your juniors.

3.Do not hesitate in visiting the institute's counsellor or a mental health expert.If that is not available, talk to your faculty and inform them about the state of affairs.They shall help better.

Hope this helps and you are able to bring the change.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 17, 2017 09:01 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  It’s not about your seniors do, you do. You should not follow up the things one do, first you should recognize about the good and bad side of the situation and then should  think of following up or leaving up. As your juniors are new to college you should be friendly, and make them to think as a good college with good atmosphere. It will just create a perfect environment for you and your seniors.

Also, What you sow is what you reap. If you do good, then the good will happens to you. If you tease your juniors in college, in future it happens to you in your workplace. So, think good and do good. Help your juniors in all way of  education  and extra curricular activities. So, your juniors can also help their juniors when they become seniors. Let your juniors may learn something good from you.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care :)

• Rasi M Sethia
    Rasi M Sethia   Aug 17, 2017 07:53 PM

Most of the colleges are done with ragging even in slightest form but there are colleges where it is still present. Did you like it when your seniors used to make fun of youbor your friends? No, right? Then do you think your juniors would like it? They will feel the same way you guys felt a year back. This is fun for the seniors not for the new commers. Most them won't reply back to you all thinking that you all will make more fun and of things get out of hand, it will be difficult for him or her to set in there. So they think its better to stay shut and you all will stop someday or the other. They are basically ignoring you.

You are right, you all should be friendly with them and make them feel comfortable. Its a new and a strange place for them, they will definitely be needing help in the initial days. If the seniors are  not friendly, from whom will they ask help? If you feel bad for them, you should take the initiative to stop this teasing. You along with your friends should stop this tradition because it is not a healthy practice.

Be the voice of the change!

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 17, 2017 07:36 PM

There is wonderful quote I like from Harry Potter by my favourite character Sirius Black

"If you want to know what a man's like,take a good look at how he treats his inferiors,not his equals."

Now, I know, generally most colleges are done with ragging,but there are some colleges coming up with internal ragging.

Just because you were bullied by your seniors,doesn't mean you have to transfer the same mental harassment,the same kind of embarrassment to them, they're still kids,and they won't be already knowing about the cruelty you all faced when you all were juniors.

Atleast,instead of giving them hell you can change a bit and help them in settling with the new place and the new aura of your college. I don't really understand the point of ragging because if you wanted to display your muscle power then the wrestling ring is all yours.

Teasing and taunting your juniors just because you've suffered is sheer stupidity. My friend had suffered 10 years of physical and mental bullying,and is still yet to recover. I don't want any one to go through it. Ever again.

Ponder upon it and analyze the definition of seniority.

Book an appointment