Music depending on Mood

18 Aug
Sanjna Verma

Hello everyone.

It has been proven that music soothes your mind. One day a discussion ensued in class about music can relieve stress. But I have noticed quite a few times that whenever I feel low, I do not feel like listening to music and I find myself listening to music whenever I am in the best of my moods. What do you think? Where is music more effective-in relieving stress or for feeling oneself on cloud nine?

Responses 4

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 22, 2017 06:54 PM

Hello there,

Well, generally music helps when a person is overwhelmed,emotions are at its highest,either positive or negative.

As in, when I need some motivation,I've got imagine dragons,twenty one pilots,coldplay and linkin park like bands to listen to. And when I'm happy, I've got happy jolly singers to cheer me up.

Definitely we all know,where words fail,music speaks and that music is the medicine to the mind.

Well,coming back to your question,it depends. It depends on the taste of music of an individual,if a person finds comfort in listening to slow sad songs when he/she is at their lowest,and find solace in certain songs, generally favourites,when they are at their leisure and very happy.

So yeah,enjoy your music which gives you peace and happiness. Have fun.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 12:33 AM

Hope you doing well. It's true that music affects our mood a lot and it has a great effect on our psychology. A good music can make our day, an inspirational music can motivate us and a deep song can make us think about our sorrows or problems. According to me music is effective in any of an individual's mood. We have so many songs, regardless of language, which can make us happy, soothe us and we can relate to songs when we are in problem or in sorrow. It varies from individual to individual whether he/she wants to listen to music during their lows and highs. There are so many people who are not music lovers and still enjoy their best moods in a great way. It completely depend on the individual.

As per your question I think music both helps in relieving stress and for boosting our mood during any good day. If we are tired, we listens to soothing music and it relieves our stress. When we are happy, we listen to pop songs or any energetic song. When we are sad, we listens to deep and meaningful songs and we can relate to the song and release our emotions which ultimately help us to feel better. So music affect our mood and it's a good therapy, we should listen to music so that we can enjoy in between of all the hustle and bustle.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 19, 2017 06:05 PM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  If you love to listen music then you have a good company in your life. Some researches prove that while listening to music large amount of dopamine which is the type of neurotransmitter makes us to “feel-good”. When we listen to some good music for more than 15 minutes, a large amounts of dopamine are released which biologically cause us to feel emotions like happiness, excitement, and joy. If you listen to songs that inspire you then it will enhance your running performance.

Listening to music decrease levels of stress hormone cortisol in our body. Some study shown that if people actively participated in listening to music and also making music by various instruments and singing, their immune system was boosted more than if they passively listened. Also it enhances you to sleep better and reduces your depression. Some researches  also shown that if you try to curb appetite, try dimming lights and listen to some soft music, it will really help you to enjoy the music more than your meals. It strengthens you to learn and memorize more.  It increase your IQ, keeps your brain healthy in old age, and reduces your pain.

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 18, 2017 08:49 PM

Hey there!

Hope you are doing well.

Music has a magical impact on human life,be it by reducing the stress or by adding up to our joyful moments.It is rightly said that when happy,we focus on the tone and when sad,we tend to relate to the lyrics.I strongly believe in this since most of us feel it aplicable.Even during my mode of distress,I prefer staying in my shell and not listen to music instead but when I am happy,I definitely live my happiness through the joy of music and relate to peppy songs and it's lyrics.So,it depends on people to people.You know sorrows are also of so many types,ranging from fights with friends to genuine stress and thrid world struggles.We do not have music for every type of sadness but only for the typical ones experienced by majority of the people like loss of a beloved one or seperations.We do not have music for poverty and the like.Whereas,during happy days,we have music for all kinds since happiness can be easily related and has a shorter range.That is how my music cylcle goes. To sum up,I believe the power is most effective depending on person to person and there is no solo impact of music.

Hope this helps.

Book an appointment