shallowness of dating apps

20 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Recently,a very close friend of mine made an account on one of the online dating app.She made it for fun and did not have any other intention.She met a boy from another city and they started talking.It began from exchanging numbers to actually talking on phone for hours so much so that she stopped coming to college for a while.Now,after a while,some random person came over and told her about how the boy is a casanova and how he has been into such apps since forever and she must back off.Now,thankfully,she backed off but is so hurt by it all that she does not even talk to us and stays in her own shell.How can we help?

Responses 1

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 01:29 PM

Hello.

Hope you are doing well. We all are surrounded by technology so much that even for finding a companion we take help of technology. I am not against of any dating and matrimony apps but according to me we should nt completely rely on them as they can fool us around and the person on the other side can cheat us. It's not just about your friend but lot of youth and teenagers are getting into dating apps with a thought of getting a good partner. But they should stay aware from all the bad that can happen with the extreme usage of these apps. It's sad that your friend is in bad mood and is in sorrow but you can help her through the following tips:

1) Try to have a daily conversation with her regarding general topics.

2) Take her for a good walk or maybe shopping of for either lunch or dinner.

3) Try to bring back her confidence by reminding of her strengths and her goodness.

4) Tell her that everything happens for a  reason and you should make her realize that she was saved from the trap at the right time and this experience will make her more strong and conscious.

5) Help her in her studies and motivate her to cme to college.

Hope this will help.

Book an appointment