culture of adjustment

20 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

I have been using a lot of public transport lately but shifting suddenly from cabs to buses is a tough call.Even though I travel with my friend but we often come across cases where we witness eve-teasing or boys misbehaving and deliberately doing wrong stuff. Thankfully,nothing happened with us and we got so pissed at it all that we started using private mode again.My friend once got so pissed that she could not see a boy misbehave with a girl so she went up to him.A woman sitting before the girl stopped my friend and advised her to back off asking her to mind her own business and avoid trouble.My friend got so distressed after listening to it that she decided to stop using buses ever again.But that is not how things in life work. How can I help?

Responses 3

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 26, 2017 06:34 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  And nowadays the world is running towards the social misbehavior. It happens every where and with ever thing. And no one is just realizing and reacting for those misbehaviors. They just come across it without any reaction even if they were involved in it. It’s ridiculous. And the main reason is there is no humanitarianism between humans. There is no other care, love for each other.

No one cares for anything. They just life the for themselves and for their basic needs. And they don’t have their time to think about the  people who starve for the daily needs and also for these kind of social acts. Specially girls were really affected with these kind of acts. So, every girl should have the braveness to fight against these. She should know the self- defense to safe guard her. Nowadays eve-teasing, rape etc became the part of society. No one feels huge difference  and reaction for these. As we were living in the competitional world where every one runs for their success. So, be bold and brave to fight against the injustice,

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Radhika Goel
    Radhika Goel   Aug 25, 2017 11:28 AM

Hii, hope you are doing well.

Standing up against an injustice or focusing on your own security is a conundrum millions go through in a number of situations in life. I personally have been a witness to many instances where I would rather call out the offender and the culprit rather than just stand by. Your friend's will to fight for justice and equality was destroyed when no one other than a woman told her to stand down. In my opinion, the right path would be to show her that there is more than one way to get that kind of justice. For example, when you witness eave teasing, instead of confronting the teaser, you should record the event as evidence and then report it to the nearest authority or helpline number and even scare the person. You could even use media to highlight the incident and not compromise your own safety in the process. Building her confidence and making her realise that there is more than one way to seek justice can help your friend.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 01:18 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing good. You have come up with a serious problem which is prevalent in our society i.e. eve teasing and what is more saddening is that people don't stand against of it and rather prefer to ignore it so that they can avoid problems. It is something really serious and should be taken into serious consideration. First of all every local bus should have a lady conductor so that girls should be safe and can save themselves in any problematic situation. People should learn to stand up against the wrong and have courage to support the right. People should learn that eve teasing is very bad and can mentally affect the girl, so if they witness any mishappening against the girl they should stand up and stop that. Girls should be encouraged to learn self defence so that they should not have to depend on anyone for their protection. Self defence should be made compulsory in schools and colleges. Girls should also carry materials for their self defence like pepper spray so that they can use it for their defence. When each person take responsibility to support and stand with women and when girls have the courage to fight for themselves then the evil of eve teasing will surely be eradicated.

Hope this will help.

Book an appointment