bliss of novels

20 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Recently,I have been into a lot of reading,not fictional but also coursework.IThis is my new found love so I really spend hours in the library or reading books.My friends do not really like this habit of mine.They think I have stopped spending time with them and start looking for stupid reasons which I can not even think of. I do not know how to explain them how blissful it is,far away from the shallowness of the society.I do not want to leave doing something which I enjoy so much but also I do not want to weaken my bond with them. Whta do I do?

Responses 4

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 22, 2017 09:32 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  I think you can talk with your friends about your blissful moments with your books. Also, you can share your thoughts and ideas you were reading in books. Sharing the information will just doubles your knowledge and also your friends can gain knowledge from you. And reading books related to your course work can also help you for your exams and for future career path. Sit and talk with your friends just once and share your experience with them. If they can understand you, you can then share your knowledge and both can gain knowledge. Else if, they fails to understand about you.

Don’t feel depressed find many other ways to read books like balancing both your friends and reading books. When you were with your friends, try to avoid reading books for long time and spend more time with them. Later, you can study in home or if you were traveling in bus from college to home you can utilize those time. This makes you to maintain the balance between both your friends and books.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 22, 2017 05:11 PM

Hey there! 

I understand your place. Books are a great escape to things. Even I like to be involved in a world of my own than the real world. Books are engrossing and knowledgable. There are like an outlet to everything that is going on outside. It's just you and your imagination. 

There must be a balance between these two things. Don't forget to live your life by being too involved in books. Think of your friends too, think of how they want to spend time with you and all you are doing is shooing them away. It's not fair. You must go out with them once or twice. If you don't feel like then just tell them honestly, or even better ask them to accompany you into reading books. This will help them too. Or do something where all of you talk about books, attend book fests or discuss your favourite books. 

There will come a time when you would want to come out of the book world, by that time you would have lost your friends, so try to manage both the things. 

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 22, 2017 04:13 PM
    Hello. Yes, there are people who feel the bliss of reading a book. Even I want to develop such love! But anyways, coming to your question, only a person having loads of passion like this can understand what it is like to be immersed in the world of books. Since your friends are not like you they will obviously never ever understand your feelings. There is nothing wrong with you, infact. As Priya also wrote that books are our best friends which help us grow. You may not gain exposure from your friends as much as you can gain from books. I found it inadequate that your friends feel that you are neglecting them because you are grossed with books. I think in one way even they should understand your 'newly founded love,' or maybe they would be right in saying that. I think you need to find it out by yourself. How much time are you giving to books and how much to your friends then try to readjust your commitments accordingly. Of course don't be too harsh on yourself. If you feel like reading your book then do it or if you want to meet up with friends then do that only, as simple as that. Or if you think you cannot part with your friends that easily, you can try explaining them, I know it is hard though. Help them in whatever way you can like for notes etc.so that they don't feel that you ignore them. Hope this helps.
  • Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 20, 2017 12:56 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing good. Books are humans best friends as they make us better individual and help us to grow. You have said it correctly that reading is bliss and not all can understand that but this should not stop you from reading. Books will only make you wiser so never stop reading. If your friends are not comfortable with the habit of your reading then talk to them and encourage them that they should also read. Tell them about the benefits of reading and how it helps to groom your personality. Give some examples of famous personalities who are a frequent readers, just try to convince them that there is nothing wrong in reading. You can also tell the stories or incidents of novels to generate the curiosity.

If still they don't understand your point then you should maybe adjust your time sometimes so that you can spend some time with them. Don't always compromise your reading time but sometimes. And still your friends don't understand your point then it's better to have a healthy distance because they don't understand you and it's not your fault.

Hope this will help.

Book an appointment