developing hobbies

21 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

So recently I attended a motivational workshop in college and after the session,one of the speakers called me up and we had a really nice interaction. After some time,he asked me what I really liked doing.After a while,he framed the same question in a different way and asked about my hobbies.I could not really answer because in the former I told things I am recently involved in and what I like doing these days but hobbies tend to be more permanent thing and it really made me feel sad that there is hardly anthing productive which I have been engaged into from a really long time.However,there are things I hae started developing interest into,lately.Is there anything to worry about?

Responses 2

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 21, 2017 09:04 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  First of all, I appreciate you knowing about your lagging talent to be more productive. Realizing your talent and shaping yourself is the first step for your success.  So, I think there is no need to be worry about this. If you work hard for anything with your full effort you can succeed. Because, “HARD WORK NEVER FAILS”.  Don’t feel down if someone criticize about you. Just walk through your way, whatever comes. Because, in this world no one needs other to be successive than them.

And also there is no substitute for hard work and dedication. Every skill is learned and build by hours and hours of work. Work hard in silent and let your success makes the noise. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win  or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 21, 2017 08:30 AM
    Hey there! I don't think there is much to worry about in this. It does happen that we do not tend to work towards our hobbies as we think we are grossed enough in our academics. Everyone is different and might not be having the same degree of interest in similar activities. For an example, I like to sketch but you do not like to do so. For me, this is the best task anyone can think of doing. But you will not like it because you do not have a flair for it and that is why fail to understand what is so interesting in it. But even I agree on this that there should be some good, productive pastime (even I need to work towards it) It can be anything like playing any sport, reading, writing, composing music etc. But you can only find yourself doing such activities if you see others indulging in some activity and you gain interest out of it. Don't worry much about it. It might happen that this constant worry hinder your potential interest. Keep your head cool and participate in any thing you love. Don't do it just because your friends are doing it and are saying that this is interesting and enjoyable. You are what you are and know yourself better. Do whatever makes you happy :) Hope this helps.