how to help my friend

21 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

We all have experienced how people come and go in our life and hardly 10% of the poepl stay.Recently,a very good friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend due to loyalty issues.She has been trying hard to show how strong she is but deep down we all know how broken she is.She stills hopes that things get better and she can get back to him.Why is it that we all get so much fixated to a particular person? Even in long run,we are unable to detach so many things that were a logn time ago associated with them,suppose we stop going to places we went with them.Should we not try to forget? Why is it so difficult to get over people if not relationships?

Responses 2

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 22, 2017 04:58 PM

Hello there! 

Fixating over a gone cause is a waste of time. We must try to move on as soon as we can but that doesn't mean we have to do it right then. One must be given enough time to process loss otherwise all feelings get suppressed. They will burst out later if not now. 

Let the person feel free to do whatever they want to do. If they want to continue hoping then let them because eventually they will realise on their own how there is no use. What you say or advice is very less likely to have any impact on the person. People do what their heart wants them to. Once they realise that not moving on is becoming toxic, they will move on happily and it won't be forceful. 

Its obviously difficult to get over a relationship because people get attached and ending things breaks their heart. We should try to forget but maybe cherishing it or taking these failed relationship as a lesson will make you a better individual 

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 21, 2017 09:11 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. And I truly agree with your statement. People will love the people who never ever care about them. And also forgetting a person whom we loved for life is such a hard situation which can’t be replaced and removed. As, if the friendship is broken we can get a new friend even though new friend never fulfills the place of a old friend, at least we feel comfort  and live the life. But when it comes into relationship it happens only once in life. If it fails, then it leaves a permanent mark which can never ever be removed or replaced.

When our loved ones does something wrong, we never find a way to get out from their life. We just find a way of, “how to apologize and accept the person?”, which is love. So, even your friend’s boy friend does something wrong your friend finds a way to apologize him and get into a relationship. So, it can’t be forget but we can try to never ever remember about the person. Like, distracting and making our self to be busy always can never ever allow us to remember about the person.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

Book an appointment