relationships over friendships

21 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Most of us are a part of the age group which is experiencing so many things altogether from relationship to work loads.We have to adapt to so much.Specially,relationship pressure.We all must have been through situations where our friendships have been ruined because of our friend's relationships. Why is it that people,specially girls give priority to their dating partner more than their friends.Little do they realize that it is these friends that are more approachable in times of need that the partner.What can be the reason behind such a behaviour? I have seen this so many times.

Responses 3

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 27, 2017 05:38 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can understand your concern. I know that sometimes keep their partners over their best friends which can ruin their friendships. Maybe because they take their friends for granted that they don't realise they this step can affect their friendship. People get very much attached to their partner that they do everything for them and just ignore their friends. The love or infatuation between two people sometimes leads to the ignorance towards their friends. When we love someone our happy hormones are secreted more which somehow disbalances our state of balance[ for few time] and we agree to do anything for the partner because we enjoy being with them. And we forget our friends for that moment. But everyone should maintain a balance between friends and partners and should not continously ignore any one of them.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 22, 2017 02:06 PM

Hey there! 

It's actually pretty disheartening to see how few girls prioritise boyfriends over friends. Girls hey attached to people easily, they give too importance to guys who treat them less equally. It's very unfair. Girls become blind in love, they start ignoring and neglecting their friends. 

Girls start taking their friends for granted, thinking they would always stay. Nobody likes to be taken for granted, right? We start maintaining our distance. It's only when these girls go through a rough patch that they realise they need friends more than the boyfriend. Infact most of the times, it's the boyfriend who puts her in the tough situation. 

I don't know why girls do it but it's very common. Girls need to uplift each other instead of falling all head over heels for guys. We need to prioritise important people in our life according to the times they have proved us of worth. A new guy shouldn't be given that much importance. 

As a friend who has suffered all this, I can vouch for the fact that it belittles the friendship and makes the other person feel less significant. 

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 21, 2017 09:25 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  At some point you should realize that some people can stay in your heart and not in your life. And also friendship means understanding not agreement. It means forgiveness not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if the contact lost. People will never know about the value of something until they lose it. In relationship is just a infactuation they get at first later into love.  Even our soul may rest in peace after our death, but love never dies. Like, Shah Jahan has been died long decades ago, but his love for Mumtaz still lives as one of seven wonders of world.  Also, forgetting about the friendship which helped you in the plight situation is the worse thing.

People should learn about the balance between love and friendship.  In the relationship, they feel like everything is good and flying in the sky. But if something worse or a break up happens in relationship, there will be only one companion to comfort us is Friendship. People will get impressed and affectionate in love than in friendship. Some researches found that, it takes only 4 miinutes to fall in love.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

Book an appointment