Why Do I Feel Less Emotions Than Others?

23 Aug
Name Confidential

Hi everyone, 

So I've noticed, I feel emotions to a far lesser extent than others seem to.

I won't say I don't feel sad or I don't cry but I feel like I can handle these sort of situations without them emotionally affecting me. And I know, this could be a good thing. However, it also means that I don't feel the same extent of happy, excited, overjoyed, etc.

Even with crushes, I would never be able to llike someone fror more than a few days.  The same with family though, however I deeply care for my family.

What are some ways to change this?

Responses 6

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 27, 2017 02:00 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I think you should not completely change yourself or this trait of yours. It's good that you are able to handle all theemotional things without being affected much by it. It's a good thing and  not everyone is able to handle the emotional aspect of their lives. There is nothing wrong in you, it's just that you are more stable when it comes to emotions. You feel emotions as the others do, you just don't express it well or can handle it well. There are people like you who are not much expressive but have the same emotions like others. So don't try to change yourself completely, just be cautious that sometimes it's important to express your emotions.

So analyse where you have to show your feelings and where you have to be calm and composed.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 27, 2017 01:06 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

Please know it is absolutely normal to feel this way. We all as humans have this tendency to feel at par with the society and for that we compare most of our behaviour with theirs for that. When we are unable to match it,we become conscious and worry about being out grouped. Please know that it ja okay to not feel for someone, to not be emotionally expressive. Often we all are searching for our quest and some find it soon others take time. It is okay to not feel very emotional. I believe this is a very good quality that you have. This makes you so resilient to behaving abruptly. You actually have the patience to take things and observe and then respond. Being calm is a superpowers which is often underestimated.

Coming to keeping crushes, it ia absolutely normal to not feel for someone. It is in fact nice that you are taking time and actually exploring the choices available to you instead of clinging to what yoi get at first sight. This means you have the risk taking ability and also that you do not want to settle for anything average or low on satisfaction in life.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 23, 2017 10:00 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  I think  you have the maturity to handle the situation by you. By handling the sad situation by yourself can really help to cope up your depression and stress level. It can also maintain your mental and physical health. But also you should enjoy the present, past and future.  Make yourself happy always just have a great smile in your face, which can really change your mood. When you wake up, just smile and think ,”It’s going to be a great day in my life and I am going to enjoy whatever happens”. A positive thought a day, can really rejuvenate you and can change the entire outcome of day.

The mind is everything what you think you become.  The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of thoughts you have. And also be happy of what you have as, there were people with nothing who can still manage their smile. Your mind is powerful when you fill it with positive thoughts. Your life will start to change.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Rasi M Sethia
    Rasi M Sethia   Aug 23, 2017 06:57 PM

Hey,

See you are not an emotion less person. It is just that you don't get emotional very easily. Many people are like that. There is nothing to worry about. It can be that you express your emotions less. It's just the way you are. Why do you want to be more emotional? Do you want to get hurt easily, cry often and get sad sooner? I hope no. So, stay the way you are. What I think is that you are mature and strong. You know how to divert yourself and not get much affected. Not everyone can do this. If you are truly happy and excited, you will show respective emotions. Even my crushes don't last for more than a week. I myself don't like someone that easily when it comes to relationship. This does not mean that something is weird about me. When you really like someone, you will fall for him. There is nothing in you to change. Stop getting conscious about yourself. You are good the way you are. Stay as it is. Accept yourself and be happy. 

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 23, 2017 02:02 PM

Hey there! 

I think it's not a problem. You might feel things but don't express it to that extent. 

Feeling less is not a problem but not feeling at all is. Sometimes we don't feel too much because things don't matter too much. Sometimes we know how to control and manage our emotions well. This enhances your emotional intelligence and helps in effective growth of an individual. If you feel too much, it's natural that your decisions will be crowded because of these emotions. 

You cant force someone into feeling more, it will happen when it has to. You cannot make yourself feel more than you are supposed to. 

You don't need to change that. Infact I think you are lucky that you are not controlled by emotions, it makes you more logical and practical than the rest of us. 

However it's important that you know how to feel and where to express. Being dormant everywhere won't help. 

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 23, 2017 08:25 AM

Hey there. It does not look like you are facing some psychological problem. It is your personality trait of not reacting too much to things happening around you.

As you said that it is good that you would be able to cope with your daily hassles or any stressors effectively. And if you know you care for your family then there is no problem. Yes, it might happen that you might not be very excited or express your sadness upon things they think you should be reacting on. Also you might face certain difficulties in committing in relationships. But don't worry you can be your own companion, can't you? :)

For what you should do, I think there is nothing much you can do to change your personality and I don't think you should try anything of that sort. It might happen that you will find yourself doing things which you do not want to, thereby making yourself more unhappier. Just be yourself and do what you want. Don't force yourself. If you face major issues because of this, talk about it to someone you trust. This will also help them in understanding your behaviour. Even talking to a counsellor will help.

Hope this helps. Take care :)

Book an appointment