How to remove laziness

23 Aug
Name Confidential

Hello guys. I hope you all are well. I have a bad habit and I want to remove it. I am way too lazy. I am putting on weight because of my laziness. All I want to do is sleep. Everynight I put an alarm to wake me up early in the morning so that I can do Yoga. I shut it down every morning and go back to sleep. I go back to bed on time so that I can get up early but I think I am always sleep deprived. I want to be energetic and not waste my time. Please help.

Responses 8

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 27, 2017 10:57 PM

Hey,

Often when the work that we are engaged is disinteresting and is imposed on us, we tend to procrastinate a lot. However, this tendency may prove to be harmful since such a work may pile up later on. Such a tendency must be avoided since it can lead to additional stress later on. You may think about the following points in order to overcome the situation:

1. Whenever you feel lazy or feel like procrastinating a particular task, think about the consequences you might have to face, if in case you do not complete the work on time. Merely thinking about the adverse effects of not finishing task on time can prompt you to work.
    2. Try to divide your work time. Even when you are engaged in a particular task, don’t try to do it all in one go. Take your time and divide the task into different parts so that the task can be completed on time without putting excessive pressure on you.
    3. Try to develop a hobby that you can engage yourself in. Doing something that interests you naturally refreshes you, takes away all your laziness and energises you to do your work.

HOPE THIS HELPS. 

GOOD LUCK!!

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 27, 2017 01:16 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. Laziness is something most of people want to get rid of but can't. To be honest, laziness will eventually go if you have some good and strong goals. Because when an individual has some concrete goals towards anything, then ultimately he will combat his laziness and achieve his goals. So what you can do is set some goals and be serious about it. Be consistent and  and don't lose motivation and hope. Don't do so much work each day, instead do small amount of work daily and continue this. This will not drain your energy and you will have the zeal to achieve that goal. Always be positive and have a vision for a better self.

Hope this will help to curb your lazziness.

• Heena Sheth
    Heena Sheth   Aug 25, 2017 11:14 PM

Hello!

As I can see that several people have given you really useful tips to help you overcome your laziness. These are really effective ones. But the if they will be effective in your case or not depends on you and ENTIRELY YOU.
    I understand your concern about you becoming lazy to the point that you have gained some weight. I've been in this situation and I know how difficult it is to motivate oneself to leave the comfort of the bed and sweat out all the excess fat and burn those calories the first thing in the morning. It is indeed a difficult task, because honestly speaking, sleeping is the best activity isn't it?
    But hey! There's got to be a way out from this and you will feel better. For that you have to make effort. Make a rotuine for yourself. Make sure that this routine is not too idealistic and not something that you can't follow. Make it practical and a little bit challenging, not too much though. This will help you figure what your day is going to be like and when you can adjust time for Yoga or other activites you want to engage yourself in. Also since you have mentioned yoga, I'm sure that you are aware that you can't have food for a short span before and fter doing Yoga. So definitely include this in your routine.
    Another thing that I did and was very effective in my case was taking the staircases, walking, eating healthy meals (not to spicy) and DRINKING ENOUGH WATER.
    If you wake up with the help of alarm, then place it at some distance away from you. In that case, you will be forced to leave your bed to shut it and will eventually leave it.  Also, give yourself the peptalk, tell yourself "I'm doing this for me, I HAVE TO DO IT, I CAN DO IT"
    Take Care :)

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 25, 2017 05:45 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Nowadays many youngsters were coming across these situation. So, hereby I can suggest you something helpful.

1. Have some determination of completing some daily tasks like waking up in the morning. Just go to bed early, set an alarm, and say this three times in your mind that, “I should do yoga tomorrow definitely.” It will really helps you to get good results. As when we go to sleep and think something our mind gets recorded so when you play it in morning you can definitely remember the last recordings in your mind.
    2. Motivate yourself. If you wake up early in the morning just motivate yourself and praise yourself, which makes you to wake up daily in early morning.
    3. Just throw your laziness away. If you sleep again in the morning just think, ”It is a waste of time, I need to achieve more in my life. So, I am going to wake up and have a great day in my life.” One positive thought in the morning can change the entire outcome of your day.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 25, 2017 05:34 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

Please know that it is absolutely normal to feel lazy,specially during mronings and unable to wake up early.I beliee this is a problem of general masses. However,do you know what is the best part? Laziness is a factor that is totally under our control so we can over power it as well.

Here are some ways that should help you overcome your laziness.

1. Try takeing a day off or a weekend off from work or studies for a while.This should help you load off all the stress that had been prevelant and made you lazy.

2.See if you could find company for the de-lazing yourself process. Maybe a friend or your sibling who also wants to get rid of it.Having external force helps more.

3.Try setting up double number of alarms than you ususally put.Ask your mom or someone who could get you out of the bed in the morning or anytime you are free.

4.A lot of what we eat determine our laziness.Try avoiding junk and fat food because that makes us sleepy and lazy.

5.Feel free to consult a physician or a dietician if things still don't improve.

Hope this helps.

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 25, 2017 01:03 PM

hi there.

Laziness is quite a common problem among most of us, so worry not, we can come up with a solution for this. 

I would firstly like you to understand that sleep patterns and energy are all directly related to your diet. You can't say you've been trying to sleep on time and wake up on time if you don't actually take care of your internal body first. 

Diet is very important as it is a source of your energy and makes your body highly efficient. However, if you decide to not eat right, not exercise and not follow a little routine, then you are going to continue feeling lazy. 

This leads to my next point, and that is what these bad diets could actually cause. I have a friend who had a similar problem of being overly lazy. We all just assumed that she was actually just a lazy person, but a lot of it was accompanied with signs of moodiness and anxiety. We then recommend her to get a checkup and when she did, it was found that she had thyroid. Similarly, if you are woman, then check for signs of PCOD which often is accompanied with fatigue. So get yourself checked just to be on the safe side. 

Following this, I would highly recommend you start working out with a friend. Even a group of friends or family can help you get motivated faster, and this motivation can help you get out of bed. I would also recommend you make a schedule and stick to it. Set a waking and sleeping time for every day and keep it the same for weekends also. You need to be a little more disciplined and make sure you follow a regime. For further details on what you should be eating and following for your diet, I would recommend you first get your checkup done and then see a dietitian. Otherwise, you always have the Internet, and eating lots of greens like spinach can also be helpful for getting you energetic. 

Hope this helps! 

• Shreya Narayanan
    Shreya Narayanan   Aug 24, 2017 01:09 PM

Hi there,

Laziness is the mother of all sins and needs to be respected.

Isn't this the most overrated phrase all lazy people use? I used to,and I've changed.

Laziness is from within,and it needs to be uprooted and thrown away before it's too late to do anything. Children nowadays need to understand how physical work is as much important as mental work,and how a person needs to stay healthy and focussed.

You need to talk to yourself and keep yourself motivated everytime you feel lazy, that's what I do. Best way is to tell your mom or dad or a friend to constantly nag you about your chores so that after a point,you get annoyed and get things done.

Otherwise,laziness,to be honest, is just a mental disease,and you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. 

Hope this helps,have a good day.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 24, 2017 08:08 AM

Hey there! 

This is like the most over asked question. To be honest, there is really no cure for laziness. To eradicate this habit, the will and motivation should come from within. 

You need to set practical goals. If you wake up at 11am and suddenly plan to wake up at 6am, it's nearly impossible. Take baby steps. Plan to wake up at 8am then eventually wake up earlier. Don't do everything at once. Just focus on waking up for few days then go out and workout. 

Take a nap during the mid day incase you feel sleepy. But don't make it too long. Otherwise your sleep will be affected at the night. Infact if you sleep during the noon, your night sleep is likely to suffer. 

Set multiple alarms. Reward yourself for waking up early. Once you feel the sense of achievement, you will be inspired to wake up early and it will motivate you further. 

Book an appointment