How to overcome fear of failure?

Responses 6

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 28, 2017 01:27 AM

Hey, everyone goes through this moment in their life once college is over. It is nature for you to worry. We worry because we want to control things and prevent bad things from happening. Our fear about the future is the major factor that drives us to worry. Our awareness of the amount of uncertainty in the world instills a fear within us of losing every that we have, and so we constantly worry about it. Some amount of worry can be beneficial because it helps us to avoid danger, however excessive worrying can interfere with our lives.

Worrying leads us to believe that we are in control of the situation in some capacity. Some people even believe that worrying is part of the problem-solving process. This happens because when we worry about something bad happening but everything turns out well, we associate worrying with solving the problem. It’s a fundamental flaw in our belief system.

I doubt the possibility of completely ending worry or anxiety because it is a part of human nature. Everyone has their own tiny problems and situations that make them worry. However, it is possible to cope with it better. According to existential philosophers, we should indulge in our anxiety and accept that it is inevitable. This way we will be able to figure out what is the root cause of our anxiety and what exactly do we fear?

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 27, 2017 01:04 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can completely understand your concern. Even I am in 3rd year and worried about the future, but we can turn this anxiety into a good one by the following things:

1) Try to find out which field interests you the most.

2) Talk to teachers and career counsellors and take advice from them.

3) Explore new careers and see what are things that you can take up for the future.

4) Work on your skills and polish them.

5) Be confident and be calm, you will eventually make a good career for you.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 25, 2017 06:36 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Every student will come across these kind of fear in his/her life. Even I am also studying 3rd year and have same scariness. But I set out my clear career path when I entered into my college. Once you set your goals to be achieved in your life, you can run for it. To set your goals, sit in silence and take a deep breath. In a neat paper write all your success and failure. Your success shows your talent and passion. Your failures were the lessons you need to learn.

So, then you can have clear idea about your strength and weakness. Then analyze your passion and interest. Life is only once so live the way you love to be. No one stands in your shoe and live for you. Think twice and take decision. Don’t be confused once you decide it.  If you decide your goal for higher education, don’t ever step back from your decision. Juts study well. Else if you decide your goal to assign in job. Just work for it from know onwards, time is precious once you lost  is lost. Also, Hard work never fails.

Decide it, commit it, succeed it..!!!

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 25, 2017 05:24 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

Congratulations for making it up till here.It's commendable.Pat you back for that,if no one else did. Please know that this is that phase of our life where everybody has this chaos running all the time ,some express it others do not.So it is absolutely normal to think this way.This shows how much you are concerned about yourself and also that you want to do something good in life. Here are some things that you can do to reduce this anxiety.

1. Take a paper and pen and note down the list of things you really want to do. Link them and see where it goes.

2. Talk to your seniors,parents,elders and take advises on what they think is best for you.

3.Engage in physical excercise and also yoga because it will help you keep calm and maintain your rational.

4.Keep searching and exploring options and things that you like doing or have interest in.

Please knoe that it is normal to think this way and you are on the right track.

5.If things still don't sort,feel free to take career consulations also.

Hope this helps!

• Heena Sheth
    Heena Sheth   Aug 25, 2017 03:46 PM

Hi! 

I can understand your feelings since I too am facing a similar situation. But hey, don't look the fact that college is ending as a the end of everything. The feeling of leaving college and that sense of fear accompanying it is often stressful and makes one anxious. But my friend, don't give in to this situation so far. The end of college means the arrival of a new beginning and that beginning depends on the choices and decisions you will make today. Please don't feel pressurized, since academics induce tremendous pressure already. The first thing you need to do is RELAX.

In your free time think about you and yourself. Infact, if you have an extremely schedule then please take some time out for yourself. And think about you, what you like, what interests you, from a career/vocational point of view. Do you have a hobby that you would like to pursue as a career or do you want to continue with academics? Remember, sky is the limit and you will definitely figure what you want to do in the future.

And, it's not compulsory to continue with education at the end of 3rd year, there are many things that you can pursue, you can do short term courses, travel and explore your options. 

I'm sure you will find your true calling. I believe in you. 

Take care! 

• Rasi M Sethia
    Rasi M Sethia   Aug 25, 2017 03:08 PM

Hey,

You are at that stage of your life where you have to decide what do you want to do in life. You have to set your career. Many people get hypered and confused about what to do and what not. Calm down and figure out what you like and what gives you happiness. Choose that thing which you would enjoy in future and would not get bored of it. Decide what you want and what all you need to do in order to achieve it. Make a to do list so that you know what you have to do next. This will help you in taking further steps and you won't get hypered. If you really don't know what you want to do in life, you can take professional help and go for career counselling. Just be calm and keep working hard.