blind following of one person

25 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Regarding what is happening in Panchkula and around in Haryana and Punjab,I have failed to understand the psychology behind these people.It is sad to see how things ahve gone so much out of control and how houses are being burned down for a rapist.How do people come about to believe in him instead of the Indian judiciary? They openly say that he is their father and that judiciary is fake.How do they believe so much in him that they have lost their sense of logic and rational? It is so disapointing to see how these masses gather for a wrong cause and nobody really units when people die fighting for the country.

Responses 2

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 25, 2017 11:04 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing good. Your concern is completely relevant. What's happening is Punjab and Haryana is completely wrong and inhumane. Seriously people are just out of their senses because their leader got caught for the crime he did. It's extremely sad. I think the main reason is lack of education and awareness. People are blindly following that leader and have lost their faith in the judiciary of the nation. Most of the followers are also bad people or criminals who are burning train coaches and properties etc. They have considered their leader as God and now opted the path of violence to get things done. This is shameful and disgusting. People are unable to find the difference between right and wrong. I don't know what's the exact reason behind their cruel actions but they should stop this because as this is harmful for the lives of innocent people.

This shows that education and being open minded and rational is the most important thing. They are following that leader because everyone else is doing. Don't know why they are so influenced by the leader, that they forget that what humanity is. 

I just hope  and pray that all these things come to an end soon and no one should be harmed more.

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Aug 25, 2017 10:07 PM

hi There! 

Absolutely appalling on what's going on there. And what's more appalling is that no matter how much as a country we have progressed, but still because of some regressive and uneducated masses, we still end up with a bad name. 

I think all of this falls back to the power of being able to convince, manipulate and brainwash people. Hitler did the same thing, he used his speech giving abilities to convince Germany and eventually lead them to their own misery. The problem is that, people always expect someone to take over and lead. People want someone to follow and someone to assert them to do things. They want to believe and see a world that isn't rational, but gives them a chance to escape from reality. They want someone to show them a world of endless possibilities, and this is what makes them get manipulated so easily. With power comes great responsibility and people have the tendency to simply misuse of power. 

I don't know, and can't really comment about a possible solution, but I'm definitely praying people get their senses back.