Moral Anxiety

26 Aug
Name Confidential

Hello guys, I have been diagnosed to have moral anxiety and little bit of OCD (this is genetic). I don't want to stay at home even on weekends but somehow most of the time I am not allowed to leave. I decide to keep shut at home so that no one gets any chance to tell me anything. In my silence too people find out some or the other negative aspect and complain me. I don't understand how to be at home. What to do and what not to do so that others are at peace and let me be too. They seem to have issues with each and every behaviour of mine even if I don't do anything. Not letting me do anything according to my way peacefully. Even if I am reasing a book, she got issues. How can I stay like this. Just because I love them that does not mean that they will force things upon me. 

Responses 3

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Aug 27, 2017 12:02 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can understand your situation. There are times when our family members tried to help us but end up disturbing our peace, maybe because they are too concerned for us and don't realise that privacy also matters. I can understand that you love your family members and don't want to hurt them but I would suggest you to go and talk to them that their constant interference disturbs you and you want to maintain a healthy distance, so that you all can be at peace. You can also do the following things:

1) Don't stay too much at your home. Go out and meet new people, it would be difficult in the starting but eventually it will help you.

2) Practice meditation as this will keep your mind at peace and will also help in curbing your anxiety.

3) Take help from psychologists and counsellors.

4) Don't let others words disturb you much, just train yourself to be as a calm as it can be.

5) Do all the regualr stuff that everyone do and be happy, it will get better soon.

Hope this will help.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 27, 2017 11:28 AM

Hey there! 

Often,we come across situation where we feel that the other person is interfering whereas that person feels that he is trying to help.It is important to mark a line of difference.We must communicate our feelings to the other person for the least sake of our bond.If you feel uncomfortable by their poking constantly,please go up to them and talk about it.

I would not really appreciate that you try to remain in your shell for a large time period.I know it is tough but please try to go out and feel the change in environment since that helps a lot.

If you have been diagnosed of the problems then your parents and people around just want to help you fight it out and do not mean to hinder your personal freedom at all. Also,please feel free to visit a counsellor for help because this can be at little value right now but stil must not be ignored.You can always consult an expert,here in the forum itself.

It can be both ways,maybe you are over-thinking or maybe they ar etrying to help you out so badly that they cannot stop but poke into your life.The solution is to gather courage and talk it out.I hope it helps.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 26, 2017 06:10 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern and your plight situation. People will only get some peace and rest in home. If it’s lost they feel sad and depressed. So, I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1.Stay busy. Always try to be busy in your home. Assign something to do like clean your room, shelf. Listen some music, watch movies. Also you can read books in your room. Eat well, watch some tv programs. If someone fond faults in you, just live the way you love to be. Let them be tired one day of finding faults in you.

2.Do some yoga and meditations regularly which can really rejuvenate you. So you feel fresh and happy ever.

3.Have some weekend plans with your friends/relations or neighbors.  So you may enjoy your holiday and can have some sweet memories. The world is full of criticizer, so feel happy and enjoy every moment. As, Life is once live the way you love to be.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)