How to not be rude to others?

Responses 3

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 11, 2017 12:57 AM

I believe feelings of insecurity are inevitable and at the same time I understand that the feeling is horrible. In times of insecurity people might often act irrationally and say irrational things. This should be avoided so one doesn’t face regret later.

One way to deal with feelings of insecurity is through self-talk. Talk to yourself before you take decisions. Ask yourself if you really want to do what you are about to do. Ask yourself whether your feelings make sense. Ask yourself what is the possibility that your thoughts actually turn into reality. Think of other possible options that could explain why your loved one is behaving differently. Try to be patient, give yourself and your loved ones time. It would require some mental strength, but it is possible if you try by constantly talking to yourself back and forth.

Another way that can help you deal with your feelings of insecurity is by finding distraction. Sometimes feelings of insecurities are temporary and part of a phase. In this case, you can deal with it by avoiding the feeling until it is gone. It is a temporary solution and only works when your insecurity is part of a short phase. You should engage yourself in other activities like watching TV shows, talking to your friends, or you can get busy with house chores. 

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Aug 28, 2017 04:56 PM

Hey there! 

It's all about acceptance. 

You don't have to take things to your ego or pride. When someone corrects you, take it as a lesson instead of getting rude and denying your mistake. Sometimes the other person could be wrong too, you know. If you evaluate yourself and your opinion you might realise that you were right all along and maybe then you will be able to correct the other person. 

Ask yourself why be rude to someone who is trying to correct you? They want you to learn and not repeat the same mistake again. Isn't that a good thing? It certainly is. Think of all those times when you corrected someone, what if they also felt the same way? Not decent, right? All you did was correct them. 

Put yourself in their position and then understand. They don't mean to belittle you or threaten your image, they just corrected you casually. 

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 27, 2017 07:49 PM

Hey,

This was one issue that I personally faced a few years back. I had this heightened sense of self, that I am always correct and that no one should correct me. This cost me many of my social relations,I lost many of my friends because of this habit,

In order to rectify such a situation you must first see the kind of criticism or correction that is coming forward . If that is something that you feel is mean to demean you , or to put you or your morale down in any way, Just don't pay much attention to it. If such a correction is coming from a trusted individual, a friend  and is genuinely meant to correct you or prevent you from making mistakes in the future, take it in that way. YOu need to diiferentitate between them first.

Realise that we are not prefect creatures. we are subject to our own imperfections and shortcomings. If we have individuals in  our life who genuinely intend to better us , it is neceesary on our part that we  respect their opinions and take it in a good vein. Bringing in ego at such times shuts down possibilities of growth and self improvement.