Why do I get so jealous?

Responses 4

• Sadaf Ambreen Saiyad
    Sadaf Ambreen Saiyad   Oct 01, 2017 08:18 AM

Hey there. 

Feelings of insecurities during teenage years is very common. It also indicates that you have a low self esteem and that you regularly compare yourself with others and it makes you to feel negative about yourself. You can change this though, and there are several ways to do it. 

First of all let me assure you, as cliché as it may sound, you are beautiful no matter what you think. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Now you may ask, if you really are pretty then why can't you see it? Well, it's because your idea of an ideal beauty is constricted to that instagram model or the famous pretty girl at your school. No doubts, they are beautiful too. But it doesn't make you less pretty. Would you compare the beauty of a rose to that of a tulip? Both are beautiful but they look way different from each other. 

What can you do to be confident in your own skin? Take care of yourself. Those pretty girls you see obviously are conscious of their looks. They work for it. Start exercising daily. Regulate your sleeping pattern. Eat healthy. Provide nourishment to your skin and hair. Results will soon be visible and hopefully then you won't have to feel jealous of others. 

Hope this helps. Thanks. 

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 11, 2017 12:57 AM

I believe feelings of insecurity are inevitable and at the same time I understand that the feeling is horrible. In times of insecurity people might often act irrationally and say irrational things. This should be avoided so one doesn’t face regret later.

One way to deal with feelings of insecurity is through self-talk. Talk to yourself before you take decisions. Ask yourself if you really want to do what you are about to do. Ask yourself whether your feelings make sense. Ask yourself what is the possibility that your thoughts actually turn into reality. Think of other possible options that could explain why your loved one is behaving differently. Try to be patient, give yourself and your loved ones time. It would require some mental strength, but it is possible if you try by constantly talking to yourself back and forth.

Another way that can help you deal with your feelings of insecurity is by finding distraction. Sometimes feelings of insecurities are temporary and part of a phase. In this case, you can deal with it by avoiding the feeling until it is gone. It is a temporary solution and only works when your insecurity is part of a short phase. You should engage yourself in other activities like watching TV shows, talking to your friends, or you can get busy with house chores. 

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 03, 2017 01:21 AM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can understand your situation. Most of young girls suffers from inferiority complex but you should learn that its a not a good thing to have. Each individual is unique and beautiful in his own way and we should respect ourselves for the way we are. Always remember that being externally beautiful is a gift of genes but being beautiful internally is something we can achieve. What matters is that how we are as a human and how beautiful is our mind. There are millions of beautiful on this planet but only few are beautiful from heart. So be a person with a golden heart. Love yourself and make yourself internally beautiful. Accept yourself as well as others the way they are and be positive about it. Work on your strengths and make yourself good from the heart.

Hope this will help.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 28, 2017 08:01 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  I strongly suggest you not to compare yourself with others.  It will just make you feel down, if you compare. Just move on in life with your same attitude and character. Also,  It will just reduce your self-esteem , self-confident level . Praise yourself of what you have, which will make you to love yourself more. Appreciate and motivate yourself if you achieve or at least try something new.  If you compare others with any high credentials just don’t stay depressed better just motivate yourself to achieve more than that in your life. “DON’T TAKE AN EXAMPLE BE AN EXAMPLE”, so don’t compare yourself with others.

If you come across some pretty girls, just take a deep breathe and say, ”I am so beautiful then them and I have good character, attitude which will make myself proud”. These words will motivate you and reduce your comparing character. Surround yourself with optimistic people, who can motivate you and encourage you.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)