What leads to rudeness

29 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

So,recently I came across a girl in my batch only who has come from another city and thinks very highly of herself.She has a friend who is just like her.They keep trying to prove themselves superior and it seems as if they are always ready for a fight.They keep on passing judgements regarding others from their speaking tstyle to dressing.Nobody likes them and they are new to the place so put the blame on others in front of teachers that nobody talks to them but it is the other way round. I fail to understand why do people want to reserve their societal image by looking down at others?

Responses 4

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 11, 2017 01:03 AM

You don’t have to be superficial with anyone if you don’t agree with their behavior. Giving “hints” hardly ever helps anyone. It’s like believing in telepathy. Effective communication is the key. You need to talk to your friend about the things that annoy you about them.

Forced relationships will never work out and being fake with someone will only make it worse for you to handle. Being fake can be very straining and it takes a lot of effort to smile and laugh for no reason. You are making it hard for yourself.

You should only follow the thinks in which you believe in and which mean something to you. You cannot merely go about doing what other people expect from you, things which don’t mean anything to you and don’t make any logical sense from your point of view. I know that it is important to be socially accepted by others so that our need for belongingness is satisfied; however I believe you just need a few good close people who you connect with and who care about you to satisfy your need for belongingness. The people who are close to you can make you happy and you should seek their approval instead of seeking the approval of others.

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Aug 30, 2017 08:32 AM

Hi there! 

To be able to prove oneself more superior than others, they need to put someone below them. 

It's human nature to be at the top of everything. To be respected, to be important, to be valued and be the priority. Few people want these things so much that they forget they are a social being who has to live by the Norms of the society maintains healthy interpersonal relationship. These people don't bother to see how their actions are impacting others, all they see is their own growth and well being. This behaviour reflects narcissism. A person who is self involved and does everything for their own benefit. 

Its okay to reach the top position after one has worked for it. But by putting down others on the basis of insults and rudeness means nothing. One needs to prove their capability and earn that kind of importance to be thought of as supportive. 

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 29, 2017 07:40 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Life is only once to live and we learn many lesson. Every one will come across with these kind of people in the society. I think they were the people, who is arrogant and very conceited and also who can pompous every thing with everyone.  They feel they know everything and have some inferiority complex with people. They think they were the only brilliant who can rule everyone. It’s ridiculous to handle those people.

And I suggest you to just regret those person from your life, which will make your life peaceful. When they blame others in front of teachers, you have the right of equality, so just rise your voice against them They were only two, but you have mentioned that everyone dislikes them so be unity and show them your strength. I didn’t suggest you to fight against them else to keep them aside. Just regret them, but if they come across your line, then it’s your turn to show them who you are. Else, the situation can become worse of ruling you.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 29, 2017 06:28 PM
    Hello! I have never encountered such kind of people, though but as per your description about them, I think that, they must have seen someone behaving the same way and gaining respect out of it, so maybe they are trying to do the same in your class. Or maybe something untoward is going on in their family such as frequent fights among parents or nasty relations with siblings wherein they dominate over everything. So they might be frustrated over it and try to vent out their frustration in that manner. Even, it might be that they are those typical "attention seekers" who want to gain popularity through hook and crook.  It can be their arrogance which makes them do this which is  learnt or imbibed by people around them. I reckon that such kind of people can engage into bullying also. They might be those 'pampered' kids to whom parents provide each and everything but do not teach how to treat people well. It can be changes that they behave with their parents in the same manner.  Hope this answers your question

Book an appointment