worrying about future

29 Aug
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

Most of us are in the age where we have to make a career and also think about so many future prospects of so many things. I feel amidst all this,we tend to forget the real purpose of life.We have become so busy in studying for being able to work to make money for a good life but do we really wonder what good life we want? I feel so bad at times to not be able to enjoy the present because I have to work for my future,which is ever so uncertain.This makes me wonder when can we really stop worrying and start enjoying life?

Responses 5

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 03, 2017 12:52 AM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I completely agrees to you, we have forgotten to live our lives in the best possible way and are just running behind our future plans. Its important to plan our future so that we can live a secure life but we should not ruin our present for this. We can do the following things to make our present more lively:

1) Be greatful and start your day with a smile and an optimistic thought.

2) Spare sometime for yourself and do the things which make syou happy and alive.

3) Listen to some soothing songs daily for some minutes as it seriously rejuvenates our mind.

4) Find happiness in small things and don't wait for something to happen.

5) Talk to people who are important to you and tell them that you care for them.

6) Love and respect yourself.

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 30, 2017 07:09 PM

Hello there! I cannot help agreeing with you. Even it happens with me that I want to read an Agatha Christie novel or binge-watching my favourite web-series but I cannot do so because I have to study then internal, assignments and what not. I believe that life will go on like this. When you are studying you will have loads of things to study and during job, you would not feel like indulging into such activities.

There was a point in one of the answers to plan accordingly. It is true and important as well. But it is also important to stick to that plan otherwise all your thoughts of having a good time for yourself will go waste. Also prioritising is important. Otherwise you have a test tomorrow but you are grossed in music.

And yeah, also the point to enjoy those small moments in life. It does happen that we forget those light moments with your friends but we brood over the reprimands by your teacher.

The most important thing is to be Happy and take all of happiness and sadness as you progress. Hope this helps.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 30, 2017 08:13 AM

Hey there! 

It's true how busy we have become that we have almost forgotten to live. All we have is this one life, this now, the present to live yet we spend all our time thinking about the future and making it better. But is your present better? No. How can it be good? When all your energy is going into focussing onto the future. 

We need to start living the present. It's stupid to worry about the future so much. One must be practical and cautious about what might happen in the future but that in no way should degrade the quality of today's life. 

Wake up every morning, thank god for all the blessing and to be able to live another day. Not everyone is blessed with this. 

Then go out and enjoy. 

I understand that few of us are so reluctant to leave work that we carry work even when we are on vacations. This needs to stop. It affects your work life balance negatively. 

You must stop worrying about thing once in a while. Make a list and indulge into activities you would like to do or have always wanted to do. 

Carpe diem. 

• Heena Sheth
    Heena Sheth   Aug 29, 2017 11:32 PM

Hey Ayushi!

You have raised a pertinent question here, "when can we really stop worrying and start enjoying life?" I think we are at that juncture in our lives, where the decisions that we take today are going to matter in the future, and not just matter, they are going to affect it, shape it and influence it. We have heard this from our elders, well-wishers and teachers or anyone who cares for us. Hence, to make sure that we do have a secure future, we put in efforts in our present, which is the now. We study well, gather experience from the exposure that we get and do everything that we can to make sure we are well equiped for the "future".
    In this process, our mental states fluctuate a lot. Often we are motivated to do something and on other ocassions we couldn't care less about a particular thing. And while I can only get inspired by your hard work and efforts that you put in everything you do to have a bright future, I also want to let you know that every once in a while you should take some time out and be in the present as well. I understand life can be very hectic and there will be times where worry is going to eat is up, but hey! we need to live, not just breathe.

Goodluck to you!

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 29, 2017 08:23 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern.  Every one has happiness, depression, anxious and frustrated mood in life. Live is only once and we experience and learn a lot. And I can really understand about your plight situation. First of all I appreciate you of understanding about the present happiness is the life. Not everyone have this clear idea, every one will just run for their future life. As both our present and future life is important we should  need to know about ,”How to maintain and keep balancing on future and present?”. To enjoy the present, just be yourself.

Enjoy the little things and tiny flaws that happens in your life. Also, should work for your future. A good life really wants is a happy and pleasant life which bring us peace in heart and in our mind. To enjoy your life, just be yourself and stop worrying about your future.

LIVE IS ONLY ONCE, LIVE THE WAY YOU LOVE TO BE!!!

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)