How to Motivate for Studying?

29 Aug
Sanjna Verma

Hello everyone. 

I have noticed that my younger brother shows some kind of disinterest in studies. He is someone who studies at the last moment and gets marks which are above-average. My mother always says that he can score very well if he is sincere towards studies. As his sister this concerns me, also because of the fact that I have been doing my bit towards studying. What do you think, how should we make him be sincere?

Responses 2

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 31, 2017 03:37 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

It is nice to know that your brother score above average without studying averagely even.This clearly indicates how sharp his brain is and how easy it is for him to understand various concepts.However,since the child has the potential and it has been realized by the parents aslo,they are right when they want to make him more focused towards studies. The child cannot be directly asked to sit since that shall not be very motivating.The following steps can be tried out-

1.When the boy studies and scores well or is showing any sort of improvement,he can be rewarded by either hsi favorite chocolate or anything he likes and also he can be punished for times when he does not show interests in studying.

2.The elder sister can be motivating since if you are working hard and have a settled career so that should give him the motivation to study harder.

3.Encourage competition in the house to little extent that it beenfits in motivating the child.

4.Try sitting down with him and try to understand things from his perspective and see what is lacking and where so that it can be fixed.

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 30, 2017 08:37 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. As your brother have the talent to score marks by studying and preparing for the exams at the last moment. This shows that he have his sincere in studies but only to score marks in exam. So, you can arrange him some tests or exams even in home. Nowadays people send their children to some tution centre where students are much stressed and depressed of studying. So, as you are the elder sister, you have some responsibilities and duties, you can conduct some cycle test in your home weekly or monthly.

But you should never stress him to study always. You can also teach him about the value of education in the present world. As in this emerging world, education has the only value possession to survive in this world. Also, encourage him in his passion. Everyone has some unique talent, search in him and motivate. Like if he loves to study science then you may motivate him to do some projects, so he may study well to do his project. Knowledge is gained in anyway but the value is important.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)