Why sleep is much important?

01 Sep
Shanmugi B.P

Hi!!!

Nowadays, I don't have much sleep but I feel tiredless, and normal. But my parents were so concerned in my sleep. They were scolding me and advicing me always to get good sleep for 7-8 hrs daily for a good health. But I go to bed at 11.30 and get into sleep at 12.00 and wake up at sharp 6.00. Is there any wrong in my habits? Will it affects my health as my parents concern?

Responses 3

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 13, 2017 11:14 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

First of all I would like you to know that there is nothing as a particular sleep timing that should be followed but it is more about your personal well being and the person Lifestyle you are following.sleep Cycles way from individual to individual and do not have anything in common to do really. There are so many people I know who hardly sleep for 4 hours and still have a amazing functioning everyday and do not face any physiological issues. On the other hand I also know people who sleep for 8 to 10 hours or more than 10 hours everyday and still feel lazy all day long and do not show interest in any activity throughout the day everyday. So very frankly it is all on you and not on a particular scientific logic. I believe 6 hours are sufficient if you do not have a very hectic schedule and if you think you are able to cope up with it. As long as you are comfortable and you do not feel tired or sleep less then I don't think anybody should have a problem. I would totally agree that it is recommended to sleep for at least 8 hours a day with that is when we have a very busy schedule that is the minimum amount of rest that is required considering the hectic schedule we follow through out the day. If you feel comfortable sleeping for 6 hours and do not face any fatigue or tiredness and I believe it is absolutely normal and nothing to worry at all.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 02, 2017 04:21 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing good. Sleep is one of basic physical need of our body and it is important to fulfill it or else it will affect both our physical and mental health. Each day, a good sleep of 7-9 hours is must. People who get lack of sleep get their health affected in following manner-

1) It slows down the cognitive abilities.

2) Risk of heart failure and diabetes.

3) Slower metabolism and hormonal disbalance.

4) Poor balance of body.

So it's important to have atleast 7 hours of sleep a day. It is possible to not get tired but this will pile up and ultimately affect your health. So try to take rest for 7 hours a day.

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 01, 2017 11:01 PM

Hey.

Sleep indeed is important. Our body needs rest and needs to re-energize itself. Sleep helps in doing so. If you don't get proper sleep, your energy will decrease and ultimately your health will get affected. We don't get energy from food only. Sleep is important if we want to be energetic and want a fresh mind. It is in general said that a man needs 6-8 hours of sleep. This varies from individual to individual. Some require more than 8 hours of sleep and some are fine with 5 hours of sleep. You sleep at 12 and wake up at 6. So you get 6 hours of sleep which is fine. If you think you need more rest, sleep more or else it is okay. If you have proper sleep, you won't have dark circles. So in a way your body gives you hints if it requires more rest or not.