Partiality in college

01 Sep
Name Confidential

Hi!!!

As I am engineering student, our professor always have some partiality between toppers and slow learners. He always encourages the topppers to do assignments, projects and also to attend workshops, symposiyums in other colleges. We really feel bad sometimes, when he never allow us to attend those workshops. I really feel much depressed for his activity, also feel scared to say about this to him. What can be done in those situation? Everyone has some unique talent, but they need a platform to showcase their talent and the optimistic people who encourages them.

Responses 2

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 02, 2017 06:56 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

It is so disappointing to see that your teacher is being partial towards students because it is the teacher who has the resposibility to take the class forward. It is absolutely wrong on his part to behave like this. However, there is little that we can do for such a behaviour but some of the following ways can be adopted.

1. You can complain to the higher authority,anybody in college because such a behaviour should not be tolerated.

2.You can try going up to the professor and try to have a one on one conversation regarding his behaviour and may be you can ask him politely to let you allow little amount of exposure.

3.Please know that everybody has an equal potential.The toppers and you all are sitting in the same class which means you have the same amount of exposure to almost everything.

4.You can also try gathering all your group mates and see if you can unite against such behaviour and work hard and prove that you are no less.

5.Also,you must keep calm and stay in your own vibe. Please do not let anybody put you down.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 02, 2017 04:11 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can completely understand your situation. Partiality is everywhere in one form or the other. It is so deep rooted that it's difficult to completely eradicate it. But this doesn't mean that only people who are good in academics should be preferred over those who are slow learners. I know this demotivates you, but you should use your energy in improving yourself. Work on your strengths and poilish them in the most utmost manner so that no one can beat you where your strength lies. Don't think much about the evil system of partiality and focus on your dreams and strengths. Talk to professors of your college who are impartial and surround yourself with friends who motivates you. Be positive as you will surely get a chance to showcase your talent. There are many college fests where chance is given to each student, you can participate overthere. So don't be disheartened and polish your strengths.