What should be done when the whole world is against us?

01 Sep
Name Confidential

Hi!!!

What should be done when everyone around us demotivates and criticizes us, about our passion. Every one is just saying , it's useless to do this. But I like to do it. Also sometimes, I too feel,"Is this really worthless?, Shall I really need to continue this?" I too have some negative thoughts in my mind. What should be done in those situation, whether I should be positive and start my career in my passion, else I should obey my parent's, teachers, relations, siblings,friends words to drop my dreams?

Responses 5

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 11, 2017 01:08 AM

Patience, understanding and effective communication. I think these three aspects play a significant role in diminishing the number of conflicts and the severity of conflicts between parents and children. There is a huge change in the environment, lifestyle, economy and habits as generations change.

Think about how difficult it is when we experience minor changes like a change of homes, change of nearby friends, change of food, change of school and college, etc. Isn’t it tough in the beginning? Some of us might even feel a lot of frustration as we go through these changes. However, gradually we learn to adjust to these changes. Similarly, I think giving our parents time to adjust to certain changes would be the fair thing to do. They used to live in a time where lifestyles were completely different and the transition of an entire way of living from before to now will definitely take time. Therefore, we need to be patient with them and we need to understand their perspective of it. 

Additionally, we need to try to communicate effectively with them making sure that they understood exactly what we were trying to say. There should be trust and openness for effective communication.

But you need to think about what is more important? Your peace of mind or being an ideal member of the community you live in? Once you realize how important your own peace of mind is, it will be easier for you to follow your will.

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Sep 02, 2017 07:51 PM

Hey there. Hope you are doing well. Many people will come up to you and criticise you or throw remarks on your choice and ability. I believe, it is because they themselves might not be knowing about such career avenues. For an example in the cases of fashion and media careers, parents are not aware of such possiblities. They only think that careers like law or management are proper professions. This is why they can underestimate your abilities. You can try explain them about your career.

There are chances that they don't get you. See, don't do anything which you don't want to.  You know yourself better than any one else. Listen to whatever they say, nod your head and go on doing what you have always wanted to do. There may be chances where you fail. Your parents, friends, relatives may mock your decision but this won't last for long. Infact, that failure can turn out to be a life lesson for you as to what should be done and what not to be done. Work hard, believe in yourself, the world is yours. Good luck! laughing

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 02, 2017 07:36 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

Please know that it is not your fault that people are criticizing you.If you hav ehaters that means you are on the right track and you are doing something that they always wanted to do but do not have the courage to so they do not want you to work on it either.It is not that they are trying to put you down or something,they just do not want you to achieve something that they could not. Please do not make yourself uncomfortable with their comments.Increase the positivity in your life by turning a deaf ear to such people and be more welcoming to your friends and well-wishers.You can also try meditating and working out to inhale positivity and optimism and exhale the negativity and criticism out of your life.Take this criticism in a positive spirit and take it as a challenge because if you work hard and succeed,you will have a reason to celebbrate and if you do not,they will celebrate. So stop caring about what others are thinking or how they are trying to put you down,if they are,that means you are already above them.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 02, 2017 04:03 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can completely understand your situation. As it is rightly said that 'this world is full of critics'. You should never drop your dreams because others don't understand, there are only some people who have the  strength to follow their dreams so never ever drop your dreams because everyone disagrees to you. If you believe in your passion and it excites and motivates you, then go behind it no matter what people say. It's natural to get surrounded by negativity but it's our duty to turn negative vibes into a positive one. Just keep your focus on your passion and invest your time in that and do your best. When you work hard, success will definitely comes to you. So don't drop your dreams, instead go and achieve them. Make yourself proud in your own eyes.

Hope this will help.

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 01, 2017 10:45 PM

Hey, 

Don't feel low. Cheer yourself up. People will comment, criticise. They have the habit of speaking with exaggerations. So just ignore them. Let them do what they want to. Don't get demotivated by their words. Do whatever you want to do afterall your happiness matters first. Follow your dreams. If you choose a carrer according to others, you won't be happy with it thus you won't give in all your efforts. If you don't have interst in a particular field, how will succeed in that ? If you don't succeed then that will become one more reason for people to criticise you. They won't then understand that yiu chose this stream on listening to them. They will simply just criticise you of not being able to do anything. Do that which interests you and makes you happy. Make a carreer in the field you like. Your interest will make you put in efforts to achieve success. Be positive and start your carreer in your passion. Avoid negative thoughts. Be positive and confident. Listen to yourself. Live your dreams. :)

Book an appointment