Sadness

01 Sep
Name Confidential

Hello everyone. I try to keep myself busy so that I don't think and overthink about my problems and become low. Even if the thought comes to my mind, I divert my mind. By doing this, I stay happy and work and study with focus. But this is shortlived, after every 20-25 days all the issues, all my problems come back to my consciousness abd I can't shut them back. The following two days are unproductive and filled with sadness and in the night I cry when everyone is asleep. My time is wasted by the following questions -Why things turn upside down? Why it always happens with me? What have i done ? Why things never happen the way i plan be it anything ( a small outing or a career decision ) Why don't people (the ones who are very close to me ) fail to understand me and does not have time for me? 

Why can't my self motivation work all the time. Why atleast a week of every month is wasted crying and thinking of past ? Why does sadness overcome in the ebd always ?

Responses 4

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 17, 2017 11:12 PM

Feelings of dejection can lead to depression if it is prolonged. Therefore, it is necessary to deal with these feelings before they settle in. The problem with dejection and disappointment related feelings is that they do not stop at a point. We continue to think about these feelings and get trapped in the loop. So it is important not to indulge in these feelings and try to get out of the entire negative thinking. Try outside of what happened from a logical point of view and evaluate it.

It is important to have a strong and positive self-concept because it allows you to build your self-confidence which helps you in all areas of life. It helps you deal with problems and it helps you to be resilient so that you are ready to face upcoming challenges.

There are two standpoints through which you view yourself. One is your own view and the other is of a significant other. If there is incongruence between how you view yourself and how a significant other views you, it will lead to dejection-related emotions and agitated-related emotions. To avoid these feelings ones tries to change him/herself so that there is no discrepancy between your own view and the view of a significant other.

However one needs to keep in mind that changing to please others will never keep us happy and we need to understand our own needs, likes, and dislikes to shape ourselves the way we want to be. It is important to not be too influenced by what others think about us in order to keep our long-term happiness. 

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 11, 2017 12:37 AM

Hey there! 

First of all I believe it is very important for you to understand that this is a very common problem faced by almost every individual I bet. Being normal humans we are characterized and inherited to make mistakes and then crib for once or more in a lifetime. Everybody faces a throwback which is usually painful at least in some span of the time if it is one month in yours that is nothing unusual. However I feel that it is nice that you cry your heart out and you let your emotions out and do not allow them to make a year or gap of emotions inside you. We all feel bad about so many things everyday and we all just want to remain in a cell and cry about it all the time but it is equally important to let your emotions out so that they do not effective and make you stronger being. Do you know what is the best thing about making mistakes it is that we learn from them and that is how we improve in future and become a better person. Please know that we are normal human beings have working at a speed of 60 seconds per minute and there is nothing we can do about her emotions and motivation it all comes from within and it is equal it difficult to keep hold of so many things in so many emotions all together and it is OK to lose your calm and motivated shelf once in a while that is how we learn grow.

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Sep 02, 2017 08:18 PM

Hey there. I can understand your condition. You are coping with your problem the work method. Yes, it is good that you want to get rid of it so you are constantly doing something but now face it, face the problem you are undergoing. As I see, whatever your problem is, it is somewhere lying in your unconscious. It can be anything some relationship issue or something you saw lately which made you feel low or if someone said something offensive, it can be anything. It has been found that when you try to keep your issues under the carpet (that is using emotion focussed strategies) you are less likely to solve them unlike you try to solve them (problem focused strategies).

As far as the questions like why is this happening to me, is concerned, life is full of ups and downs. At one moment you might feel at the top of Earth but then you realise that in between those happy moments you forgot that you have a hell lot of assignments to do! So if you feel low you need not feel bad about it. It is alright. All you need to do is believe in yourself and be optimistic. Everything will be alright. Hope this helps.

• Priya Parwani
    Priya Parwani   Sep 02, 2017 03:48 PM

Hello.

Hope you doing well. I can completely understand your situation. Every person is suffering from problems and have something to cry upon but this thing should not make us sad or ruin our day. It's good that you keep yourself busy, but it's not the soloution to your problem. You should find the solutions of your problem by analysing it and talking to your self regarding your problems in the most geniune and analytical way. If your problems are created by the innocent or unknowing mistakes of yours, then you should not think about it again and again because we all do mistakes. It's better to learn the lesson from it and move on.

Why things turn upside down- Life is full of uncertainities and to conquer life we have to be stable in the ups and downs of our life.

Why it happens to me- this is the question that everyone asks. Every one have tough time and believe me only tough time will polish you in a better human being. So be thankful  to the hard times of your life, they are meant to improve you.

What don't people understand me- It is said that ' It's okay to live a life that others don't understand' so do what you think is right and don't care what others think of you. Those who are true to you will always stay there.

Be strong and solve your problems analytically and you will be happier again.