helping out for family

03 Sep
Ayushi Jolly

Hello everyone!

So my first cousin visited me last week and there we had a good time but she suddenly broke out.On asking,I came to know that she has been missing home so much and hates her life,which apperas extremely luxurious. So she was put into a boarding school in class 7th for so-called good education and exposure and then she went abroad for college and she visits home once a year. So she was telling me that it appears to good that she has got the best of education and all but she misses how she does not have any childhood memory from her parents. She was always away and when she was home,they used to be engrossed in work and then now also when she has her break,they plan a vacation and she never gets to spend time with them. However, for the parents this is the ideal thing a kid would want but why do they fail to proivde love to the child,is it even worth it?What can she do?

Responses 3

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 05, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi there! 

Its not right to say that she didn't make memories away from her home. 

All memories are precious. 

Its very important that both perspectives be taken into consideration. The parents did what they thought would help the child, they wouldn't want to harm the child in any way. I am sure they missed her as much as she did. Every parents just wants to provide the best education for a successful life. 

It's tough as a child to understand the loneliness you are feeling in a boarding school. The child feels helpless. But that's when friends come in. I am sure she must have had a lot of friends who were more like family to her, who supported at her thick and thin, who were always there. 

She might even have more experience than most kids of her age because of her exposure to tough situations at boarding school and abroad. It's an altogether different experience. 

Its not late to make new memories. She still has time. She can make memories with her parents. She just needs to express it to them about how she misses her childhood and how she wants her parents to be a part of it. 

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Sep 04, 2017 06:02 PM

Hey. I can totally understand your concern. Even I have heard of one such experience of a college pass out who was placed in a very good job but she did not have that much of time to spend with her family members. And yes, of course every living creature on this Earth needs love and support from anyone, be it friends or close family members. As you said that such kind of life is something which every parent wants, I feel they should understand the concern of their daughter. Perhaps they may want to show support but might fear doing so, as they may feel that their daughter's job might get disturbed.

I reckon your cousin sister should take some initiative towards spending time with her parents. Maybe they will realise that there daughter is not that much busy and she still values them inspite of all the hardwork. She should manage her work accordingly, to spend time with them, if it is possible or ask them to meet her as she misses their company. Hope this helps.

• Name Confidential
    Anonymous   Sep 03, 2017 04:38 PM

Hey,

I totally know it is like to stay away from home since childhood for studies. I understand what your cousin is going through. She has stayed away from home since a very long time. She has missed the parent intimacy and comfort. Whenever she is on a break, she wants those. She wants to be with her family and spend some quality time. You can ask her to talk to her parents about this. Maybe they think that she is grown up now and can live on her own. Ask her to tell them that she misses them, want to spen time with them and make memories which she was unabke to make in childhood. If her parents are going for a trip, ask your cousin to tell them to go for family trip where she can join them too. She can ask them to come and meet her often. It is very disheartening when we come back to our native land on holdiyas and are parents are not present there. If she talks to them regarding this, they will surely understand and take out time for her. Her parents really need to take out timefor her.