I cry when I see happy couples

24 May
roni shukla

I cry when I see happy couples

I cry when I see happy couples in movies. I become sad when I see happy couples in real life. I had a bad relationship. I cry when I am alone and think of all this. I have become introvert. I barely talk for 15 minutes or so on daily basis. Please help me?

Image Source

Responses 5

• Rhythm Makkar
    Rhythm Makkar   May 30, 2017 05:04 PM

Hello, hope you're doing well.

Many people, including myself, cry while watching movies. It simply means that you're an emotional person. There is no harm in crying a little while watching something that moves you emotionally. Crying does not mean you are weak. It only means you are strong enough to let your guard down and feel things. I understand that you were in a bad relationship, and you cry while watching such scenes because you miss someone. There is no short cut for getting over someone. You cannot keep avoiding pain. So I believe it is good, to some extent, that you are feeling sad and letting it all out instead of keeping it all bottled up inside. But, along with feeling all these feelings, you also have to keep in mind, your well being. That should be your priority. Try to keep yourself busy, find new hobbies, do your assignments on time, work hard, and be productive. You can channel your energy into doing things that benefit you. Turn your pain into power.

It's not bad to recall memories every once in a while. All you have to remember, is to remember the happy parts. You can also be glad about the not so happy parts as they taught you some lessons you wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn otherwise.

Lastly, you should not feel guilty that you feel sad when you look at happy couples. You are only human. We all feel the same way sometimes. In fact, you should be proud of yourself for being able to accept this fact and seek help. Please treat yourself with kindness, one step at a time. It's only natural to take some time to recover from a relationship.

I really hope my response helps you.  Have a great day!

• Nandini Ajay Kumar
    Nandini Ajay Kumar   May 26, 2017 04:02 PM

The first thing to do in this situation is to set your mind " I DON'T LIKE THIS ME, I NEED TO CHANGE, I NEED TO MOVE ON, I NEED TO GET OVER THIS!"

It is very important to realise that people come in your life for a reason and leave for a reason. We should a lesson from it and move on. No matter how many good times we have spent with somebody, the truth is everything has an end and everything comes to an end eventually. Good times become memories. If not a good relationship, you will have something else to do. If you have nothing to do, work towards something productive.

Life is too short to cry over something that is gone or something that others have and you don't. TIME is everything. With the time is right, things automatically fall into place. Just have faith in God, believe in yourself and keep working. You will get everything when the time would be right. Don't try to control things that are not in your control. Rather work on things that you have control over. 

It is okay to cry once in a while and it is very important to vent out the inner feelings and emotions. Cry as much as you want, but once done crying stand up and tell yourself - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and move on. Bad events (relationships) are a part of life and it is not always in our hands to save it from getting bad. However, what is in our hand is to solve the problem and work towards something significant and productive.

And once we are free of those memories, that is the most beautiful feeling ever.

Once we stop caring about those who hurt us and once those memories stop haunting us, that is the most beautiful feeling ever. 

• Aparna Kanmani
    Aparna Kanmani   May 25, 2017 07:39 PM

Your expressions of sadness and crying are mere reflections of your failed relationship. You are going through constant rumination on how great your relationship was and how bad that it ended. Putting yourself into isolation will only make you more depressed and emotionally exhausted. At times can be dangerous too. Realise that you are losing yourself as a cost of a bad relationship. Question yourself if it is worth it. 

Stop fantasizing about the wonderful memories you had. It does no good that just created more pain and agony. That's why you break down seeing a happy couple for what you two shared lasts no more. 

Stop telling yourself that he/she was unique, one of a kind and you'll never find anyone like him/her. It is not true. Once you move on you will know that the next person you find is also unique in his/her own way.  

Believe that everything happens for a reason. The relationship ended because it did not work out somewhere. Don't keep hoping that things will get better or he/she might come back. There are very less chances of that happening. Believe that it was for good and try to move on.

Every failed relationship is a learning opportunity to better ourselves. Understand how you could have dealt the situation differently. It'll help you mold your personality and make your further relationships better.

Most of all, no matter what, life has to go on. You always had personal, professional, and social goals to achieve. Don't kill any of them in the name of breakup. Putting yourself into serious work will help you out of your shell and divert you from the hard memories. Motivation is key. Push yourself and kick start a better life ahead.

• Hemali jaiswal
    Hemali jaiswal   May 25, 2017 04:02 PM

First of all, you need to talk out. Talk it out everything about your relationship. Share it with someone you are close or anybody whom you can trust. You need to get over it. And start reading some good (self help) books. Join some activities or classes. Try to indulge in group activities and make frnds go out. Dont close yourself in! Don't let one bad relationship affect you soo badly. You deserve love and to be loved. Wait! For the right one to come. And force yourself to see love and happiness and imagine it that you too are living that life and receiving that love. Everybody is not bad and not all relationship ruin it! 

Cry it out as much as u want to. And also make a diary and write about your feelings. And daily affirm positive lines to yourself and don't force yourself to get into another relationship. Give time to urself. 

• Arushi Adhikari
    Arushi Adhikari   May 24, 2017 10:15 PM

Crying is actually the best way as we let our emotions come out, if we won't do this and will repress our feelings then it will lead to psychological disorders and will make our mind unstable. crying indicates that you still haven't came out of your past, happy couples in movies and real life makes you feel cry, you are not the one who is suffering from all this, breakup and patchups are a part of our lives. So you need not to worry, relax and calm down. To overcome this thing what you can do is first of all don't repress your feelings if you feel like crying then cry as much as you can. It won't make you weak but definitely will make you stronger. Secondly try to involve yourself in some activity which makes you feel better and happy, for a time being avoid watching romantic movies, or listening romantic songs. Just be strong and confident enough, single people are the happiest one as we all have listened. Just try to come out of your past and see life beyond this, there are so many things to do, and to live for. Accept the fact that for whom you are crying is now not a part of your life and you should be glad that he/she left as there is much more good to come in your life and definitely you deserve a better person. As soon as you will accept this fact the more happier you will be. Don't see life in a negative way try to find positivity in everything life will be definitely better and happier than before :)