Is first love really special?

Responses 11

• Kushi Gothi
    Kushi Gothi   Jun 07, 2017 02:00 PM

This particular topic could not be agreed and at the same time, can't be neglected 

It isn't special so to speak, but our first memories of love are with them, so they're engraved deep in us like a tatoo for lifetime regardless of that time that passes, those memories are just there, even if the person doesn't mean anything or as much anymore. 

But then, when it happens again ;love , it surely feels like the first time all over again 

Everybody has their own perception of love 

This is mine =) 

• Gourab Banerjee
    Gourab Banerjee   Jun 07, 2017 11:38 AM

Hey Leena,

First love is special. And that has nothing to do with at an immature age. I have seen people falling in love the first time at a much-matured age, and that sticks. In India, we generally term it as arrange marriage. I think you are getting the gist. But that’s not the scenario now.
    In this fast paced digital generation, boys and girls are taking steps at a very early age. Usually, that age is considered to be immature, but then again, maturity isn’t judged by age. It’s judged by experiences and how much you take on from examples of life. Usually, first love happens at a tender age, and nowadays, choosing your partner at that time is easier than selecting a favorite brand of ice cream for a month, or choosing between Zara and Armani, maybe. Sometimes, love does seem as a result of mere physical attraction. What teens see in movies, they want to apply them in their lives as well. It's quite natural. But first love is something different altogether. I fell in love for the first time in the 11th standard. I have been with girls since my 5th. I don’t know whether or not to be proud about that or ashamed, but even after being with so many, I fell in love for the first time to a person who was completely different from me. We broke up two years later, but she still holds a dear place in my heart, because of the fact that she taught me how to love and how to be in love. She taught me how to hold a relationship and take it forward. And she also taught me that when something bad hits you, it might take its effect but it will make you stronger too. That’s why despite breaking up, my first love is special to me.
    These are some of the reasons why first love is special, despite the physical attraction and stuff. I believe when you truly love someone, that’s because you are in love with that person physically and mentally. You are comfortable with that person in both the spheres. You find solace in that person no matter what. I hope this helps you. Good luck!

• Satinder kaur
    Satinder kaur   Jun 03, 2017 07:15 PM

Love..everyone has a different meaning for this one word. Some show it by protecting their loved ones, some by leaving them, some create wars for it, some build monuments for it and some destroy them, to someone it has given the meaning to their life and from someone it has taken everything from their life,sometimes it give birth and sometimes it kill the lives....it is a very dynamic topic and I can go on and on. Sure we think that mature love has more meaning but why mature love always ends early or result in divorces? why it is the always first one or the school one romances that always bring a smile on our faces and fill our heart with warmness. For some first one ends in a devastating manner and for some, it's forever. So it can be concluded that it depends on the stars when and where we find someone who can take away our heart forever. But I think first attraction, crush or whatever you wanna call it, is always special because it is made from the innocent feelings that the mature ones are incapable of. 

• ayushi Singh
    ayushi Singh   May 29, 2017 09:39 AM

Every person has different perception about love. First love is really special can neither be offended nor accepted. See truth of the fact is every relation is not just one on one, it also depends on how your partner is. But according to survey done among 100% only 4 or 5% relationships go true for first love. Love is a responsible feeling according to me which only comes when we acquire maturity, what we call first love is just an attraction towards the person whom we judge only on the basis of what is being shown to us by the person not according to what actually the person might be. Later if they stay together under miser circumstances then only the relations can last forever. Although, many a times not successful but first love teaches us not to repeat the same mistakes later in life and gives some good memories though imaginary but are memorablee

• Chaitali Tiwari
    Chaitali Tiwari   May 29, 2017 02:36 AM

First love is nothing special.I know movies creates an overwhelming and mesmerising image of love at first sight and first love but love is something which differs from person to person and it is basically the affection and sense of attachment we share with another person.Sometimes we have a wonderful experience and we want to remember it for lifetime but sometimes we have bitter memories and when we try to get over them,these kind of questions pop up in our head and then we feel that first love is unforgettable. We should know that all these feelings are related to many external and internal factors,it depends on our hormonalcondition,our ambience,our peers etc and basically no one can describe or categorise love into special or unspecial, We are the ones to decide whether this love or the bond which we share with another person should be cherished or not. Everything, every decision depends on us.Our feelings should be under our control and we should have strong will power to control them. Love becomes special when there's understanding,trust,affection towards one another. It doesn't matter whether it's first love or not. When you care for someone,when you share your feelings,your grief and your happiness with someone,you feel special and that love is special. The illusionary vision of first love that movies create in our minds should not mislead you.

• Anamika Das
    Anamika Das   May 28, 2017 11:46 PM

Hey!smile

That is a very relevant question today, as the media is immensely shaping our minds every moment!

Love as a concept is one thing that is highly subjective and has no universality attached to it. Therefore, one cannot really tell you how ‘your’ first experience of love might be. I have witnessed couples who have successfully carried along their relationship that had developed at a young age and was the very first experience for both partners. But, I have also come across relationships that did not work out due to the level of immaturity that both partners carried at the time they began seeing each other.

It is true that media and films depict the idea of love in a certain away, and that does influence our way of perceiving the concept of it as well. This sort of an influence may particularly show its face at a younger age when partners themselves are not sure about their identity (s), and they have not had enough experience to say, deal with issues that may occur within a relationship. At a more mature age, one has better experienced life, and can deal with the complications that a relationship may sometimes carry, better. Therefore, films depicting a certain representation of ‘love’ does not really represent reality, for when it comes to love, each one has their own experience of it. So for you, either the first experience can be the most special or the least special, depending upon a number of other factors surrounding both you and your partner.

• Rachna Lakhanpal
    Rachna Lakhanpal   May 28, 2017 09:54 PM

Take two papers and glue them together. After the glue dries, rip that apart. That's what first love is like. You'll always have a part of your first love with you and they'll also have a part of you with them. 

During adolescence, there are a lot of physical, emotional, and mental changes that take place. This is also the time when children begin to develop feelings of attraction towards the opposite sex. The emotions you feel are heightened---and so is the feeling of 'love'. 

Before we talk about 'love' we also need to talk about a few things that are closely related to the concept of love. 

1. Attraction
      Interest in or liking for someone
    2. Infatuation
      Strong or intense feelings of love and attraction toward someone that tend to fade quickly 
    3. Crushes
      A brief infatuation usually with someone you can't get (unattainable) 
      Now that we've gotten this out of the way, let's discuss puppy love!

Essentially, first love is considered a special feeling because we've felt that emotion for the very first time. And everything's extra special when you do it for the first time. Like, your first steps, the first day of school, first award, etc. 

And first breakups, too are the worst ones because it's felt for the very first time. 

I would like to sum this up by saying that it is true that first love is special in its own way. But, almost every form of love does require a degree of physical attraction. 

• Arushi Adhikari
    Arushi Adhikari   May 28, 2017 08:17 PM

It's actually true that when we fall in love for the first time it is usually when we are at our teenage and are immature. It's not 'love' basically it is a feeling of attraction towards other sex and it is due to hormonal changes which takes place in our teenage. In movies usually it is shown that true love is special and is usually When we are immature, it's just a feeling of attraction which is special and different but ends up after we complete our 12th and start going university, as we meet new people there and 97% relationships end up due to this. Only few relationships long lasts, Physical attraction is one of the thing due to which one gets attracted towards other sex, and they actually think they are in love but in real they are not. Specially things which happens for the first time, every first thing is special and different even it is a car, mobile phone or 'love' it is the most beautiful feeling and a strong connection which mostly happen with one person, but there is a major difference between love and attraction they both are two completely different things, love can be for lifetime and attraction is for few days or months. When we find some better person we switch on to them, this is what attraction is. In love no matter how wrong or right that person is we'll stick to them at any cost. Even after having many weaknesses they'll be special for us. Love is a feeling which cannot defined, every person has different opinions and definitions of it, whichever gives them happiness they call it love ♥️

• Nandini Ajay Kumar
    Nandini Ajay Kumar   May 28, 2017 05:19 PM

Firsts are always special. First job, first car, first salary, etc. and similarly first love is special too. It is mainly because it is a completely new thing or feeling for us. It is an emotion which we have never experienced before and when it happens we feel good and beautiful about it. However, the question is whether it always remains special or not. This is something that varies from individual to individual and also on an individual's experiences. If the experiences after the first ones are not good then that will always hold a special place in our heart and if the latter ones are good, they tend to replace our first experiences and we enjoy what we have in the present. So it is a very subjective thing and can have various perspectives. However, love is a very complex concept and cannot have one specific definition to it. Whatever satisfies people's basic need of affiliation and belonging is love for them. How the feeling of love makes them feel also has a great role to play in how we perceive our first love.

• Felicia crystal Rajan
    Felicia crystal Rajan   May 28, 2017 03:45 PM

Just as no two people in this world are same, love also has different meanings for different people for some their first love means everything and for some it's just a way to escape from the problems of life and for some it's a way to find oneself, but whatever said and done first love will always remain special because it will always be the first time when you go through certain emotions. It is the very first time you felt a different kind of connection which you have never felt before. Even though we may be immature at that time, but the feeling was true, it may or may not last but the memories will always be special. First love as you said may happen due to physical attractions at that time, but the whole process of growing and moving to a much more mature position is what makes first love special. It teaches you a lot and so it is special.  
    Thank You.

• Aparna Kanmani
    Aparna Kanmani   May 28, 2017 01:35 PM

Infactuation, crushes and attraction are common during the teenage. It is true that the immature age does not comprehend the true and long-term sense of love and relationships. But it is a natural feeling one can't help having.

Firsts' are always special. The first time you rode a cycle; your first flight; first picnic; first friend in school; first favorite teacher. You cannot deny how much they mean to you. Considering that line, first love is a big deal. 

Its involved a lot if firsts too. Its a new feeling that is not only special for you but is also shared with someone. It is a time when you learn to give and find happiness in that. In one way it is the first step in building trusting bonds with someone. 

You find yourself. Who are. How much can you love, sacrifice and thing for others good. However the relationship goes...in the end you will understand your position in a relationship and how much you can contribute. 

One other reason why first loves are hard to forget is its a highly emotional relationship. Either of them don't know their limits and pour the heart out for each other. That's probably why it is one of the hardest to forget and overcome in case of break up. 

Like the beautiful things it teaches it can break a person too. A bad first love will instill a fear of relationships and bring difficulties in opening up to someone. It might bring trust issues that will ruin any future relationships. It might also seem like a doom that you cannon overcome. But you will.

First loves make further relationships better and stronger. You know what all mistakes you made and where the limit lies. It makes you a better person and a better lover for all you know. :)

Book an appointment