I am in terrible anxiety. What can I do?

10 Nov
Name Confidential

For a few weeks, I am receiving text messages from someone whom I don't know. Whenever I go to college, I receive texts like "I have seen you, but you don't know me, I like you, you should meet me"; another day I received, "I will be waiting outside your college at 1pm, you have to meet me, I can see you, but you can't see me". I have asked several times about who is the person, but there is no sanguine reply on that. I have notified this to my parents, they have informed in the local area police station, but they mean to not take the matter very seriously, as I have no name or address of the guy, only a phone number, which have been submitted at the station; they have claimed that they tried calling on the number a couple of times; once it came 'not reachable' and another time, it wasn't received on the other end. day before yesterday, I again received a text from this number; I won't say there are anything indecent in the texts, but that the person is following me.

Where from this man got my number? Who is the person? Why he is texting me? Why he is not showing up? Is he following me all the time? What if he follows me to my house and gets to know my address? What if he does some harm to me and my family, especially that these days we have so many crimes coming up? I am really anxious. I feel scared to get out of the house these days, I don't want to go to college. I have lot of studies, I don't have time to follow up the police regularly for such a matter, but what can I do, I am really getting into bad anxiety.

Responses 3

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Jun 19, 2017 09:40 PM

Hi!!!

I can understand your plight situation.Nowadays social media plays a huge role in day to day life.you can use some apps like true caller to find his number.Don't feel anxious of getting out from home whatever happens we should be done in all our work.But nowadays,crimes is in world is countless.some research shows that for every 5 secs a wonder happens in the world.whenever,you receive calls,messages try to avoid it,ignore it.your response is the key for him.If you avoid it,then his only way is to show his true face.

If he arranges some mee tings like he can see you and you can't don't try to search of him in such situations.Try to do your own work our considerations on him is the satisfication for him.If you don't ever consider him I really think a solution appears for it.

TAKE CARE!!! :)

• Udani Kariyawasam
    Udani Kariyawasam   Jun 14, 2017 02:03 AM

Hi !

I hope you're doing fine. First of all you should't be panic. Be calm and try to think possible ways to get rid of this matter. Its is really a good thing that you have informed this to the police station and you parents. I suggest you to not be alone at any cost. It is better if you accompany any someone with you whenever you go out. Whether it is a family memeber or a friend, whoever you feel protective. Don't ever go to see the person even with someone else no matter what is the situation. Always be on alert of your surrounding. We can't actually come to a conclusion that, what is this person's true intentions are. He might be serious or he might be playing around. It's normal for you to be anxious over this matter. But you shouldn't let your mind to occupy with insecure feelings. Try to concentrate on things which gives you mind peace (hobbies or religious activities). It's not possible for this person to harm you or family that much easily. Don't neglect your studies because of this matter. Because this will come to an end at a certain point. You should not let it to be affected with your daily life.Be patient till the problem comes to an end. Always Take Care

• Dr. Ibrahim Abunada
    Dr. Ibrahim Abunada   Nov 10, 2016 01:49 PM

Dear User  yes, I do agree with you about your anxiety of this event. It is very good that you informed that you have informed your parents and the local police. Of course they should do their duty  in this regard. However, till then I strongly recommend you to follow these steps. Don’t be panic as a result of this event, you should be courageous facing this problem with strong  well. Don’t surrender to any threat which might deteriorate your academic achievements, social familial life. Keep going out accompanied by somebody else if you cared about your life. Be patient with the police procedures to put an end for this event soon.  Take Care