How to deal with anxiety?

04 Jul
Name Confidential

I experience a lot of anxiety, randomly and out of nowhere. I usually cannot think of any cause or reason. It really makes me feel crippled if by chance I'm outside. Are there any ways I can help myself fight this?

Responses 6

• Rimi Sharma
    Rimi Sharma   Jul 23, 2017 08:47 PM

Hello! Thanks for posting your question.

Yes, there is a way to get out of that. Actually, there are many ways.

Here are some things which you can do:

1. Relax. This is something everyone keeps telling you the moment they hear you say the word “anxious”. No matter how annoying it gets to hear it over and over again, it is the first and the most important thing to do. In order to get a hold of yourself, you have to keep calm and assess what’s going on. To do that, you need to relax and calm yourself down.
      Take a deep breath whenever you feel that you’re losing control. Count to 4 after inhaling and release breath after the count of 4. Repeat this until you feel relaxed.
    2. Know the reality. You should understand and make yourself believe that what is going on in your mind is nothing but your thought. And it has nothing to do with reality. Remind yourself this.
      It will not be as much of a problem if you tell yourself that it is your brain trying to trick you. If you are able to do this, you’ll also be able to get rid of the thoughts. If not, then:
    3. Ask yourself questions. Whenever you feel nervous, ask yourself “Why?” and try to answer it rationally. If you think people will laugh at you, ask yourself why would they laugh at you. Have you done anything wrong? Anything silly or funny? No? Then there will be no reason to worry about it because it is your brain’s tricks.
    4. This, I believe is the most important one of all. Try to indulge in positive self-talk. Say good things about yourself, about the day, about the people around you.

I hope this helps! If things seem to be going out of your control, seek professional help.

Cheers!

• Nihalika Verma
    Nihalika Verma   Jul 05, 2017 12:36 AM

Hi dear,

Congrats for the self analysis. It is great that you understand what is happening to you.

Try to recognise any pattern or something that aggravates your anxiety. There are natural reasons also, sometimes the situations may only make us anxious and to some extent it is normal and healthy. But, if you are getting anxious for no reason, then you definitely need help.

You may either find some content over the internet to help you. Secondly, take professional medical help. Self help would work, but not better than medical help.

Dear, you are almost on the verge of having a disorder, and belive me, its curable. Hence, suggest you to either visit a psychologist or a psychiatrist. All the best.

Hope this helps.

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Jul 04, 2017 09:25 PM

Hey,

If such anxiety occurs quite often and remains for long, you better seek some professional help. they will definitely help you get a deeper insight into your problem.T here are some things that you may do on your own to help yourself:

• Engage yourself in something or the other.
    • Reach out. Talk to others. Speak to your friends, family members.
    • Eat healthy
    • Practice yoga and normal breathing exercises. It helps relieve all your tension and anxieties.

Hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK!

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Jul 04, 2017 08:54 PM

Hi!!

Hope you are doing well.To deal with anxiety can be done by step by step methods and process.When you feel nervousness baout the things going to happen or yet happening just try to stay calm and breathe in and out for 5-10 mins for refreshment.You can do some yoga,physical exercises and meditations regularly which can help  you better to cope up with depression,stress and anxiety.

If you feel anxious about the things then it happens only in the wrong way from your plans.for eg,If you feel nervous or anxiety abbout your interviews then you may lose your job because of your anxious,you may lose your confidence level.So try to avoid those plight situation.If you feel more anxious yet you do all the ways,then you can suggest some therapists,counselors for treatments.You can also attend some counselors session to cope up with your anxious.You can also prefer some online counselors like ewellness Experts to rid from depression,stress and anxious.

Hope,it helps you  :)

• Radhika Goel
    Radhika Goel   Jul 04, 2017 10:38 AM

Hey, 

Image Source : https://www.google.co.in/search?q=society+perceptions,+follow+your+heart&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDluCA6O7UAhUYSo8KHaIeAb8Q_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=803#tbm=isch&q=anxiety+without+casue&imgrc=L3ZIVsBSbEzKPM:

I understand not being able to help yourself itself can be an anxiety provoking feeling itself. The longer you try dealing with it yourself, the worse it's going to get. I have a friend at college who is going through something similar. Sometimes there is no one cause of your attack, it could  be something that gets built up and explodes in the form of an anxiety attack. I strongly urge you to not self diagnos but go and see a psychiatrist or psychologist. They will be able to help you figure out the cause and how to deal with it. 

• Sareeta Behera
    Sareeta Behera   Jul 04, 2017 08:30 AM

Hi there.....Well at times the environment, neurochemicals in the brain, hormonal changes in the body can make someone feel anxious without any visible apparent reasons. 

If possible try to analyse a bit more on your anxiety patters. Some points to work on are: what triggers it, anything that could be aggravating it, what thought processes are involved when you feel anxious, how many times-when-where do you start feeling anxious. Such questions and deeper insight will help you and us understand your situation better and help you out accordingly.