How to prepare for Masters in Psychology

06 Jul
Sneha Chauhan

I am currently in the 3rd year of bachelor's degree in psychology. I have heard that the entrance for Masters in psychology is very hard to crack and that the competition is very high due to less availability of the subject. I want to try for clinical psychology. Should I join coaching for that? What is the basic syllabus for institutes like TISS, Christ University, and Delhi University and how should I go about the preparations?

Responses 1

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 17, 2017 09:27 PM

hey there I hope you're doing well. 

I can totally relate to this is it of yours because this is exactly what I have faced during the past few months taking before taking admission in a Masters program and settling down finally. First of all it is very important to realise that it is not Rocket Science and it is absolutely normal and just a part of life which will get over soon. So please stop worrying so much about it and focus on the things that you are able to do it is very important for you to keep calm and realise your true potential. It is nice that you have your stream sorted and also the colleges you want to appear for which it is equally important to recognise the universities you want to affiliated with maybe you can talk to one of the seniors or interact with random people in those Universities and actually get it just of the entrance as well as the kind of study atmosphere that prevails in a particular place so that you know which is the best place for you and then prepare accordingly. I believe it totally depends on you whether you can study without taking coaching this is I believe it is all from your under graduation syllabus and it does not really matter that you need to study something extra if you clear with the basic concepts you will be able to answer any questions regarding whether it is coming from.