Do I have anxiety?

Responses 7

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Sep 17, 2017 09:51 PM

Hey there! I hope you are doing well.

Please know that there are fixed criteria to be called a paranoid I'm just thinking about negative outcomes before taking a decision is perhaps one of the many aspects that can prove the fact so you need not worry. Also I believe personally that it is nice when you think about the negative outcomes whenever you are taking a wrong decision because everybody thinks about the good thing that ever happened with the decision which is Once Made but it is equally or maybe more important according to me to think about the negative outcome that is going to be a part of the decision which hardly anybody things about. I think it is a good habit does not fit in the criteria of being called a paranoid also if you still feel that there are other trades that you consider in a paranoid person then I believe you can refer to the Internet and if you still feel anxiety issues you can consult one of the experts here in the forum for better health. Also it is important for you to understand the difference between anxiety thinking about negative outcomes that is being pessimist and being a paranoid so it is somewhat normal to be a pessimist because that is also essential But When Everything has a line which is crossed can lead to negative outcomes.

• Deepti Trika
    Deepti Trika   Jul 29, 2017 01:32 AM

Hi. Hope you are doing good smile

Decision making is indeed an important part of our daily lives. We have to make decisions in our day to day lives, whether big or small. 

When we make decisions we should definitely take into account the advantages and disadvantages of the decisions. We must consider pros and cons for all the choices. 

When making difficult decisions, it is pretty natural to feel anxious. It is so because it is a big decision. But if you think you feel way too anxious than normal people that it affects your daily life in general, then you might need too see a psychologist or a psychiatrist or a counsellor.

Above are the symotoms of anxiety. If you are experiencing many or all of those then definitely it is the time to seek professional help. 

Though you must immidiately see a counsellor, meanwhile you can do the following:

1- Meditation

There are various types of  meditation, like deep breathing, mindfulness, Sudarshan Kriya ( Art of Living).

Meditation will help lower down  anxiety.

2- Builiding confidence

You need to build confidence in yourself that your decisions may be right and may be wrong. They are not wrong with 100 percent guarantee. Decisions have an equal chance of success too.

3- Building problem solving skills

Even if a decision goes wrong, remember that there is always a way out. If one solution didn't work, there are others also.smile

DISCLAIMER- Above 2 points are NOT the solutions to your anxiety. They are additions which can help you with your problem.

• Mukul Arora
    Mukul Arora   Jul 26, 2017 01:30 PM

Hey there !

I have gone through same and have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder when i was just 11 years old and I have to say , it is not possible to diagnose whether you have anxiety or not just by this question. Complete analysis is required. See it is quiet human to be afraid of something going bad some times because then only you can work harder to achieve it. only if you fear to lose something you work hard to hold on to it. If it happens during some stressful times like exams ,any sports tournament etc,then the anxiety is normal. You don't have to be worry about it . But there are times when there are things not to worry about but still you take lot of stress and you are in constant fear at most of the time . If this happens this might indicate something . But then again I am afraid to say that it is of no use to make you familiar with all these symptoms . I mean the fact that you are concerned whether you have such disorder or not says a lot.So instead of taking recommendation with little details without professional help is going to harm your mental health only. So if you feel something then you should tak to therapists or psychologists regarding this. 

• Anjali Khurana
    Anjali Khurana   Jul 23, 2017 06:34 PM

a lot of people tend to analyze all kinds of outcomes that may follow any particular action. it is completely okay to think about the consequences of our decisions and responses to any particular situations. obviously, not all of it will always be good, and thus it is better to be prepared for every kind of consequence. it does not mean you are paranoid, it just means you are more cautious and aware.

often, thinking about these outcomes may be accompanied by feelings of anxiety. how will the people involved respond/react to this? how will it affect things/relationships/situations? what kind of behavior would this further elicit? how will I deal with the aftermath that will follow? these are all examples of questions that the anxiousness in you may elicit. however, that does not mean that you have any of the major anxiety disorders. some people tend to have more anxious feelings about things as compared to others. the solution to this would be trying to stay calm and patient about the future and understanding that even though you may not have any control over it, you will be able to control how the prospects may affect you, and that is what matters most - that you do not lose or sacrifice your mental serenity at any cost. 

if you are experiencing anxious feelings constantly and they are interrupting your day to day life on a persistent basis, then it is best to consult a professional for further guidance and help.

• Harpreet Kaur Chhabra
    Harpreet Kaur Chhabra   Jul 22, 2017 03:39 PM

Hi,

See this is very normal whenever we start to think about both positives and negatives outcomes of anything that comes to our mind, but its upto us how we take it. If you think so much of negative ,then at that time, just think whatever you are thinking is reality or  an illusion .Can this actually happen ?Can you predict the future?Or what you thinking is totally absurd ,this actually can not happen.

It is totally normal to think about negative outcomes because of basic human nature. It is because of this ability that we have been able to become the most evolved species.It is necessary to weigh positive or negative conequence of anything we do , but what we do is a sheer waste time.And what do can do is divert your mind or just imagine how beautiful the positive outcome would be.If you still dont find it fruitful do should and join some hobby class. 

• Priya Ratti
    Priya Ratti   Jul 08, 2017 05:44 PM

Hey!

When we're in a situation and we need to make a decison, it is natural for all of us to weigh the results and repercussions of that decison- the positive consequences, the negative consequences, those that'll benefit and those which won't. Sometimes, some of us think a little too much of the negative outcomes, and that inevitably leads to anxiety. 

Thinking about the future would put anyone in anxiety. But paranoia is a little different from the concept of anxiety. Paranoia is usually associated with a state of constant fears realted to threat, conspiracy or persecution. Anxiety is a general state of fear, or intense worry that could vary in nature according to the person suffering. 

I believe that you're spending too much time thinking about the future and worrying. This is making you feel anxious about the uncertainity that clouds your future. I suggest you do not think of it too much. Of course, it is but our nature to imagine and day dream the could be's and would be's, but happiness will only be found if you live in the moment. The future will come anyway, so instead of dreading it, why not think of it positively?

If a decision yeilds a negative outcome, accept it. Take it in your stride and turn it into a life lesson. Failures give us an opportunity to improve. Failures tell us that we are making progress. So don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. Failure only tells you that success is coming close. 

• Manaswini Venkateswaran
    Manaswini Venkateswaran   Jul 07, 2017 03:28 PM

Considering all possible outcomes, both positive and negative, can be a good thing, actually. That way, you're prepared for the worst, handle whatever is thrown at you and can make informed decisions which have a lot of foresight. You're less likely to repeat errors as well. 

That being said, your thoughts and apprehensions about the decision should not stop you from going through with something that might be good for you. Don't turn into someone who avoids things because there's a remote possibility of things going wrong.

If you think constantly about the negatives and avoid things just because you fear that things will go wrong, then it might be a problem and you should talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist about it. 

Here is an article explaining the difference between regular anxiety and an anxiety disorder:

When Does Regular Anxiety Turn Into Anxiety Disorders?

Always remember that even though there is a chance of things going wrong, there is an equal chance of things going right. You will never know which one it is until you actually go through with it. If things go well, great but don't be too disappointed if they don't - it happens to everyone, don't lose hope for things like this in the future.