How can I ace an interview?

09 Jul
Name Confidential

In the next 42 hours I have a telephonic interview that means a lot to me. I really want to get selected! But, I am already experiencing a lot of anxiety, this pit in my stomach about how the call is going to be. I'm not very good at telephonic conversations. What can I do to calm myself? I know any repsonse i give under anxiety is going to be messed up. Also, how much of my weaknesses should i reveal? (anxiety being one of them) What can I do to ace this interview?

Responses 5

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Jul 11, 2017 09:00 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well.I can clearly understand your plight situation.First of all ,I suggest you not to feel anxious of your interview.Don't feel hesitate to talk in telephone.I can hereby suggest you something to cope up with this,

1.First of all,if you feel anxious you can have some trail rounds like,talking with your frien's or relatives in a phone like a interviewer.So you may feel strong that,How to talk in interview?.Be serious and in your demo.Making sure of your trail rounds is going to be the main key success of your main telephone interview.

2.Next,Make sure yourself of being calm before you take telephone interview,like you an do yoga and meditations before the time of your interview.

3.while talking the interview,Be in the calm place and also think sometimes before you answer the questions in the interview.Hope you may have positive results.

Hope it helps you!!

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Jul 11, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello there!

Please know that there is always a first time. Interviews can be tough but it is the first time's anxiety that is bothering you more than the interview or grilling part. I have been through the same,a lot of times. Sometimes, it is important to realize that ahead of fear,lies victory. I would like to suggest few points which you should keep in mind and should help you through.

1. Keep calm. Please know that the interviewer will not come out from the phone and eat you up. It is just a conversation where he will know your suitability and callibre.

2. Just go through the topics of interests in brief so that you have a rough idea about the field.

3.Do not lie. If you don't know anything,ask to be excused and try to listen to his answer.This is show that you want to learn.

4.Avoid marketing yourself. It is a win-win situation. You either get through or you learn something from the experience.

5. Please do proper research about the company.It will help you frame your answers better.

6.Try inquiring things,if you get a chance to,this shows you are curious.

Hope this helps!

• Shruti Gupta Dehradun
    Shruti Gupta Dehradun   Jul 10, 2017 08:45 PM

Hey,

An interview, whether personal or telephonic, can be nerve-racking for most of us. The key to give our best in an interview is to show the interviewer our confidence. Interviews are not just conducted to test your knowledge but also to test your personality. If you keep few things in mind before giving an interview, you will surely clear it with flying colors.

Firstly, you have to have full confidence in your abilities. You need to believe that you know everything. The interviewer knows that this interview matters a lot for you and he know you are nervous. So, a little nervousness shown is not a problem. One thing that you should take care is that you should look confident and not overconfident. Secondly, relax yourself before the interview. Listen to good music so that your mind is relaxed. Relaxation is as important as the preparation for the interview.

Thirdly, when you prepare for it, prepare your answers for every expected question in a way that you would like to hear if you were the interviewer. Practice those answers with a recorder so that you can identify your mistakes and rectify them before your interview. Lastly, do not think about the results before your interview. Concentrate on the interview more.

I hope you do well in your interview. All the best.

• Reshma Venugopal
    Reshma Venugopal   Jul 10, 2017 12:17 PM

hey there! Being nervous is perfectly normal, and I think you are on a better note because you don't have to physically see people while they interview you. But I also understand that some people prefer face to face as compared to phone interviews because phone interviews require quick responses. 

I think the few things you can do to calm yourself down are:

1) Do enough research on the company, so you never have to sound like you are lost.

2) Get yourself in an environment you feel comfortable and relaxed. 

3) Remember that in any interview, you need to give yourself time to process the question so make sure you listen carefully. 

4)Most importantly, calm yourself down. Remove any negative thoughts that come to your mind, and end the interview on a positive note. 

I have also attached a link with better tips: https://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2014/05/27/how-to-ace-a-phone-interview/#718a5cb12617 

Hope you do well, good luck :)

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Jul 10, 2017 12:13 PM

Hey,

Confidence is one thing that makes all the difference at an interview. In fact, an interview is not as much a test of your knowledge, as it is an assessment of your confidence, your ability to survive the stress and tackle the pressure around, while maintain your cool. Be it a face to face interview or a telephonic interview don't let the anxiety overcome you, these are the following things which may help you out during your interview:

• First of all, try giving your interview in an area which is free from disturbances and away from other people. Try to check the network connection before hand so that the interview runs smoothly. Keep a glass of water with you while you are giving your interview. Occasionally sipping in water while the interviewer askes you the question will make sure that your mouth doesn't feel dry and that your anxiety comes down during the interview.
    • Be honest, spontaneous and simple during an interview. No need to overly articulate. Don’t fake yourself. You may think that you are acting smartly, but believe me, the interviewers are way smarter!
    • Take your time in answering. You have to think and answer. Understand, that an interview flows in the direction that you want to take it to. So, your each answer, prepares the ground for the next question that is posed to you. The mere belief that you have answered all the previous questions well, takes away all your nervousness and helps you sail successfully through an interview.
    • Prepare the expected questions well beforehand.You can practice them, record them on your cellphone to see how your voice sounds. Try to work on your clarity of speech, the speed etc.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

GOOD LUCK!!

Book an appointment