What is in the books?

Responses 5

• Rimi Sharma
    Rimi Sharma   Jul 25, 2017 01:28 AM

Hey!

Interesting question!

Let me answer this from the limited knowledge that I have. I read somewhere that there is a difference between introverts and extroverts, and it is BIOLOGICAL!  The difference is that of their sensitivity to the stimulus. Extroverts are less sensitive to stimulus, and hence require more stimulus. Thus, they tend to be outgoing, preferring company of large number of people etc. Introverts on the other hand, are sensitive to stimulus. Thus, even the smallest of change for them can be overwhelming.

Books are the best companions for the introverts, and it is often seen to be true. However, preferences differ from person to person. Books give the reader a scope to imagine what the writer has written. It is enough for the reader to be happy. As introverts are seen to avoid a lot of contact with people, books give them an escape from reality.

Generally speaking, from the perspective of all readers, books are a great way of getting away from the stress of the world around us. They let the reader imagine new things, worlds which do not exist in reality, wander about the new possibilities, and fall in love with characters who are too good to be true.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Jul 14, 2017 06:23 PM

Hello there!
    I am an ambivert. I enjoy playing introverts and extroverts according to the mood I am in.
    I can understand how it's like to be an introvert. Even I spend many hours reading books. The reason why introverts indulge into this habit is because they want to escape the social situations which aren't under their control. In the world of books, it's their own world. It's their imagination. It's their creativity. It's their escape from reality. They enjoy this sweet time of solitary where they are away from real people but into a world of characters and plots.
    When we read books, we relate with the characters, we live those books. We can control our imagination and enjoy the climax and suspense with interest, this we cannot do in real life situations. It's out of our hands. With books, we play by our own rules. No body to ask us what to do, who to talk to, we are amongst the characters we love. No social obligation or rules to follow.

• Radhika Goel
    Radhika Goel   Jul 14, 2017 04:01 PM

Hey, hope you are doing well :)

The fascinating things about books is gives you the ability to become several characters, visit the world through someone else's eyes or even experience things that one may not have a chance to otherwise. Each book takes you on a different journey and engages your mind, body and soul with it. Introverts, who by nature do not wish to interact with a lot people do not want to experience less things. For them books give them unique opportunities to make friends and explore many things by themselves. A person who is fond of wildlife maybe seen collecting books, photographs that help them know wildlife better. It allows them to know everyhting about wildlife without engaging in conversations but engagement with themselves and the books they have. 

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Jul 13, 2017 09:01 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. Being introvert is that they hate to mingle with the people to share their happiness or sad is my perspective of point. They feel happy only by reading books, so that no one can interrupt them, So  that they can enjoy their loneliness. Being lonely is the best time they can spent for the introvert. Rather than spending their time with friends or family will leave them in the plight situation.

Being introvert , is like running multiple tabs in the single system which may sometimes result in crash of the system. So reading books may help them much better. They can enjoy their company more than the depression or stress from others. while reading books they attain peace in mind and heart. Rather than being addiction to social media and chatting with friends can make them disturbed and lack of sleep and frustration mood. So Reading books is really a great thing to be done to attain peace for the introvert people.

Hope,I t helps you  :)

• Manaswini Venkateswaran
    Manaswini Venkateswaran   Jul 12, 2017 03:11 PM

As an introvert who likes to read, I can vouch for the fact that books are indeed bringers of peace. I think it's because introverts derive their energy from being alone, engaging in solitary activities and as a result, doing a lot of introspection.

When you read, your brain is constantly working to make sense of the things that are laid out in front of you. You imagine things and react differently to whatever is being put forth. Along with taking in new information, you're also adding your own experiences and inputs.

The fact that this is all an internal process is the key element here. No extra interaction is needed. Reading gives you an experience which you can enjoy at your own pace, without having to share it with others or rush through it due to social restrictions. You can learn and enjoy it all by yourself, without any pressure of having to explain what you like about something to others. 

This enjoyment may not just be limited to reading, though. You may find that some introverts may do something that creates a similar effect, such as drawing, painting, playing a musical instrument or going to the cinema or art gallery by themselves. 

Hence, the peace doesn't come from reading, as such, but the solitary enjoyment of an experience without any kind of external disturbance.