Why is time management always an issue for people

06 Aug
Name Confidential

Time management is a key problem we all face today. We always crib about that how we are not left with any time for ourselves when work seem to occupy  our lives. Students especially, face time management issues as they have to do a lot in a limited span of time. Many psychological problems begin because of too much work and less time causing more stress and less or no relaxation. How can the study of psychology help a person learn the skill of time management and help people reduce the level of stress they have because of time management issues?

Responses 7

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 09, 2017 04:52 PM

Hello there!

Time is precious. It's so precious that we wish there were more than just 24 hours a day. No matter how much we do, we hardly ever do it on time. The pressure to continuously work on time has caused us stress. This further leads to high blood pressure level and various cardiac diseases. When these become severe, it can also get fatal. Therefore, it's very important to manage time to cope up with stress and maintain health. 

Personally Psychology has taught me numerous things on how to deal effectively with tough situations instead of sinking into depression. Through meditation and breathing practices, I have inculcated peace in my lifestyle. 

Through psychology, one can gain insight and better self awareness. With this, they can prioritise their work according to their needs. They can learn to stay calm and look at things from others perspective when they get frustrated because of others. They can strengthen their resilience and stay motivated even after failing. 

They can Psychology for healthy relationship with people who can provide social support and as a result, make the person feel more connected with the world in times of stress. 

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 08, 2017 10:14 PM

Hi!!!

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your concern. People always feel stressed and depressed due to their running life to meet the daily needs. Also time management, pays a major role in people’s life. I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1. Priority Scheduling:

Scheduling should be done in priority wise. As it may helps them in many ways to do their task in a certain time limit. Priority scheduling is to be done in the manner which motivates the people to step forward to next task.

1. Avoid procrastination:

While doing the task don’t procrastinate the tasks which may burden  in future. So, should do the tasks with more energy and enthusiasm. We should always motivate ourself and surround  ourself with optimistic people so we feel motivated as this world only made up of criticizer.

1. Motivation:

People feel more energetic when the other person motivates him for his work. So if other person doesn’t motivate us, we should be motivated by ourself. When you do the task praise yourself and gift yourself so you feel motivated and can do the next task with more positive energy

Hope, it helps you!!

Take Care  :)

• Sanjna Verma
    Sanjna Verma   Aug 08, 2017 06:29 PM

Hello. Time management is a major problem in the life of a student- dividing time to revising the things taught at the particular day, then preparing assignments, projects and internships (in some cases) and also due to the advent of smartphones, being socially active has also become a need.

It is important to dedicate time for such things. Of course more times towards things that are productive and less time towards things that are not.

If the task is huge, divide it into shorter parts for each day. Never leave things for the last moment. This is also a part of time management, right?

The point which I indirectly brought out and even many people answering this must have done so, which is eliminating procrastination. That "I'll do it later," disorder.

Avoid doing that. Do things now if you have the opportunity, maybe you will get more stuff the next day and you may not be able to focus on the previous stuff.

Avoiding distractions. Start your work in the environment that suits you and not just physically work on the emotional front as well. Tell yourself that it is important to do otherwise you may face dire consequences in the future.

Plan your day and reinforce yourself for meeting a goal. Say to yourself that you are awesome and you can reach commendable feats. Hope this helps.

• Anushree Nandi
    Anushree Nandi   Aug 08, 2017 11:31 AM

Hey

I as a psychology student know a few things which might help in time management.

1. Make a list.The thing about making lists is that you actually have to use them. You may want to set reminders on your phone and computer.Lists really do work if you use them. One of the most important things is to make sure your list feels attainable. No one wants a 30-item to-do list and have to, at the end of the day, look at the 20 items that didn’t get done. Prioritize yours and others’ needs and plan accordingly. You might even want to make three lists — personal, home and work.
    2. Set deadlines. Again, there is no point in setting deadlines if you make executive decisions to always push them back. Set a deadline and try your best to stick to it. Set your deadline a few days before the task absolutely has to be done. This allows for the possibility that other things will get in the way, but also allow for you still to get the task done.
    3. Stop multi-tasking. Multitaskers often seem to think they get more accomplished, but it’s not always the most productive or efficient route. Let’s face it, our minds work better when we are truly able to focus and concentrate on one thing.
    4. Delegate responsibilities. For those of us who like to be in control the very thought of this is likely to provoke a bit of anxiety. The truth of the matter is that no matter how good we are, we can’t do everything. Sometimes we take on more than we can handle. Delegation is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of intelligence. Find competent, reliable people and share some of the responsibilities. It will allow you to be less stressed and more productive.

• Aishwarya K
    Aishwarya K   Aug 07, 2017 01:41 AM

Hey! Have you heard of the pomodoro technique? There has been lots of research done on this technique and it is proven to help you with your time management! It is something that I have personally been trying to use. Honestly, it will take a while to get used to but it is scientifically proven to improve your efficiency. In short, the pomodoro technique helps to divide your day into 25 minute time slots. There is a 5 minute break between each time slot. In the 25 minute time slots, you need to focus on your work with full attention. This means that you need to keep your phone away, stay away from social media and any other distraction. You should completely focus on your work for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break in which you should rest. This increases your productivity and allows you to manage your time well so that there is a work-life balance.

The first step in this technique is to take 5 minutes in the morning to plan your day and set your goals. You need to decide what tasks you will work on and estimate the amount of time it will require. Then you need to organize this amount of time into pomodoro sessions of 25 minutes each.

Soon after planning your day, you can begin your pomodoro sessions. After 4 pomodoro sessions, you need to take a longer break for about 20 minutes. Then you go about repeating the same process!

You can click here for a more detailed explanation: https://www.focusboosterapp.com/the-pomodoro-technique.

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 06, 2017 09:01 PM

Hey there!

Hope you are doing well.

Psychology ,truly has possibly all the solutions to all humane problems ever.

Time management is one problem that is faced by mostly everybody and a cure has to be seeked. We all want to do so many things but tine constraints refrain us from doing so.

Being a student myself,I can relate to this problem. What follows are some measures that can help you resolve tine constraints and make your life more free and get more availability of time.

1. Make a list of events or activities you intend to pursue. Set them according to priorities,with important ones first. 

2. Ask or observe your friends. See how they are doing things and how they are managing the time and things. You can learn from there.

3.Do not forget that all other things are exposure but the most important thing are studies. Do not compromise your studies since  that shall fetch you all the things you might not be able to put up with.

4. Make a time table and try to follow it. Try to set it according to your priorities and make sure that it includes all important things.

Hope this helps!

• APOORVA PANDEY
    APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 06, 2017 11:55 AM

Hey,

To begin with, in order to learn time management , it is first of all very important to realise the importance of time. A few days back one of my professors in college helped me realise the importance of time. As she entered the classroom , she simply asked each one of us to write three such activities which we would want to do if given an extra hour. We all wrote what we wanted to do. When we all were done, she simply said that whenever she has her next class, she will give us an extra one hour to do whatever we had written. You wouldn't believe but that was truly sounding like an 'extra' hour being gifted to us. How many times we are there in college,whiling away our time doing absolutely nothing. This simple activity made me realise the importance of time.

The first step must always be to  realise how valuable time is and how we can stop wastimg it.

In order to keep a record of how we spend our time, we can maitain a log of how much time we spent on different activities throughout the day, Once we are able to maintain such a log, we will be able to see where we are unceesarily wsting our time and then try to cut down on time wastege there.

Also, we can make a note of what activities are important for us . Proritising work actuallyu reduces our stress levels. 

Also, maintaining a hobby is also a good way to keep us engaged whenever we feel over burdened with work and at the same time it helps in bringing down our stress levels.

Book an appointment